A.11

Kiana Brown
Next Morning
Home.

I woke up to the smell of weed. I bawled up my face and got out my bed. I grabbed my robe and made my way into the living room. To my surprise, Victoria and Keegan were chilling on the sofa. She was asleep and he was smoking.

"Um, what's going on?" I asked making him look up at me.

"Hm?" He asked with low eyes.

First of all, he's high as fuck. His eyes were so low all you saw was eyelashes. Second, when did he get here? Third, they're on the couch that I paid for, chilling and shit! I was bout to go off, but had to keep myself together.

"Keegan Brown, why are you here?" I asked folding my arms.

"Um, I came to make sure you ain't go nowhere." He chuckled before licking his lips. "You see, I don't want you in harm's way."

"Oh, okay." I batted my lashes in confusion.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a bunch of groceries. Hm, okay! I mean if they gon be buying me shit then I'm cool. They can stay for as long as they like!

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I grabbed it.

Roman😍 wants to FaceTime you...

I instantly clicked accept and leaned against the wall. It took a while for his face to pop up. It kept saying poor connection, and I know it ain't me.

Then his face popped up.

"Kiana." He smiled.

"Roman!" I screamed, "Oh my gosh, I thought you were fucking dead! I beat on yo chest like a million times."

He chuckled, "I'm alright, I'm still alive. Them niggas thought they was gon kill me. Fuck that, I got God on my side."

"Who was it? Because after I took you to the hospital I went and tried to beat Casey ass."

"Tried? But it was her so call brothers. They jumped me and then gon stab me in my stomach and shit. They so fucking lame for that." He scoffed.

I smiled, "How are you so calm and all this shit keeps happening to you?"

"That's the way you should be Kiana. I be tryna tell you, every action doesn't require a reaction."

"You're right." I sighed, "But what did your parents say? Were they mad or anything?"

"My mama was mad, but my stepdad was cool. He was talking to the cops and shit. But when I leave the hospital I gotta come straight home. My mama said I can't go nowhere but to school and back." He laughed.

"Good, because I want you to get your shit together. I want you to be something in life Ro. Leave that bitch Casey alone and focus on yourself." I said taking a seat at the table.

He bit the side of his cheek, "I want you to do the same."

"Excuse me?"

"Kiana, you have so much sense till you don't have none. If that makes any sense. I be with you everyday, I see what others don't see in you. Kiana you are so smart, beautiful, and determined when you wanna be. That loud ghetto person that you be acting like, isn't you."

"Wait, did you say loud and ghetto?" I gasped.

"Listen, all I'm saying is focus on yourself as well. You in school, you living good, and you ain't got no kids. You have the opportunity to do what the hell you want and get your life together. But you can't do that if you're losing focus on the little things."