A.30

Dra'Quan Marcel
March 2.
Court.

I walked in the courtroom with my attorney. I scanned the courtroom to see Keegan, Roman, Karla, Melanie, and Laura all sitting on the side of Kiana. On my side, Christina, My coworker Gabby, Christina's mom Christi, and others I couldn't really recognize. All eyes were on me as I entered, I mean I did look good in a suit and tie.

"We got this in the bag." Attorney Winston Adams said causing me to nod my head.

I looked over at Kiana and you could tell she'd been crying. She did look really nice in her black tight fitted dress though. I turned my head to the doors hearing them open up. When I saw who the judge was, a smirk appeared across my face. I looked back at Christina and she winked at me.

"All rise." Judge Mulan spoke as he entered the courtroom. I smirked and winked at him causing him to do the same.

Kiana Brown
Courtroom.

"What the hell?" Attorney Sioux whispered in my ear.

"What?" I asked confused causing him to shake his head slowly.

"Judge Mulan, that's his daughter Christina. Isn't that Mr. Marcel partner?"

I bawled my face up looking back at Christina then up at her father. At this point, my heart literally broke. I knew it was gonna be some grimey ass shit going on. He was just way too confident about this situation. I honestly feel like I lost a part of my soul.

Judge Mulan banged his gavel and we turned our full attention to him.

"This is case 23739 of Mr. Marcel and Ms. Brown in a custody battle of infant Kree Marcel. Let's start this shall we."

Attorney Adams walked from around the table.

"Your honor, it my was client who filed for full custody of the child that Mr. Marcel and Ms. Brown share. He wants this bad because he in fact is the more stable parent—"

"Objection your honor!" Attorney Sioux objected walking around the table, "I have proof that my client is very stable. She has all the required orders to be a stable parent your honor."

Attorney Sioux handed him the folder causing him to look over it. I swallowed hard feeling my palms sweat.

"This states here that she has a part time job that pays $15 dollars an hour. It also states here that not only is her job part time, but she's enrolled in college and has a rent of $765 dollars a month. This right here alone lets me know that she in a financial bind."

I leaned over and whispered in Attorney Sioux ear.

"Tell him that I have a support system and that I have money saved in the bank."

"Your honor, my client has people who's helping her out. She's a young woman who's out here working hard to take care of her child."

Attorney Adams chuckled and shook his head. I bit down on my bottom lip taking a seat at the table. This is not what I expected, when we went over this everything seemed like it was in order.

"Your honor, as I was saying, my client is the more stable parent. He works for the city of Houston and not only that, but he's won custody of his firstborn child Ms. Kairi Marcel. Your honor, this really should be up to debate." Attorney Adams said handing the Judge a folder.

He took it and looked over it and I could see him nodding his head in approval. I felt my knees fall weak even though I was sitting down. My heart was pounding and it felt like I was about to throw up.