A.29

Dra'Quan Marcel
Next Morning
Home.

I walked in the house taking off my jacket. I threw my keys into the bowl and walked into the kitchen where Kairi, Christina, and our son Christopher was. Christina was braiding Kairi hair and Chris was eating some cheese puffs.

"Hey." I spoke picking up a bag of chips.

"Hello." Christina said getting up to peck my lips. "I wanted to talk to you, let's step into the living room."

"Aight, Kairi watch your brother." I said following Christina.

I sat down on the couch and she sat on my lap. She pecked my lips once again before smiling.

"Yesterday when you got here you was so tired, so I didn't ask about what happened. Did you give Kiana the papers?" She asked playing in my hair.

I nodded, "Yeah, she started crying and shit too."

"Girl," She rolled her eyes, "I swear she's just so damn extra. Babe, I'm telling you this, if we win this case that means we can finally move to New York. Then we'll have the whole family together and live our lives free from the bullshit."

"I know, but isn't it a little extreme not giving her visitation rights? I mean eventually Kree gon grow up and find out you're not his mama."

She shrugged, "Absolutely, positively no visitation rights. Who knows, she might take him and never bring him back one day. I can't have that."

"Ugh."

I groaned wiping my hand down my face. This whole situation was just blowing me right now. I'm trying to move to New York because I'm tired of Texas. I wanna go back to where I came from and stay there this time. I can't just yet though, I have to win this case or its gonna fuck up my plans.

I don't want Kree to grow up and feel like I didn't love him because I moved away with my other kids. I want all my kids with me so that I can know they're safe and well taken care of. With Kiana being Kree mama, I don't know if he's safe all the time.

Kiana gets in her mood where she loses her mind. She already tried to commit suicide, and those thoughts might come back. Kree doesn't need to be exposed to such foolishness at such a young age. Plus, Kiana don't have a dependable family like I do in NY. Her whole family is straight dysfunctional.

Her mama still a crack head in my eyes. Her dad is barely around and only cares when it benefits him. You could say Keegan is a bit dependable, but cancer can come back. Roman in medical school, and when he graduate he's gon be on call. So my son don't have nobody to depend on but me.

I didn't want to fully take Kree away from Kiana. I wanted her to have visitation rights, but Christina is right. She might visit one day and try to kidnap him. Then she'll get put in jail and her life would be wasted. Once you think about it, I'm really helping her out more than myself.

"I'm gonna let you sit here and calm down or whatever. I'ma go finish Kairi hair then when I come back I'll satisfy you." She said grabbing me through my pants.

I leaned up and let her peck my lips. She let me go and winked as she went back into the kitchen. I put my feet up on the coffee table and let a wide grin form across my face.

Kiana Brown
Home.

"Thank you, have a nice day."

Roman and I waved to Attorney Roberto Sioux. He had been over all morning helping us out with what to do and say in court. I can't lie and say that I wasn't scared because I was honestly. I felt like Draco was gonna win the case and leave me without my child. It was honestly just so unfair to me.

Roman closed the door and I took a seat on the couch. I shook my leg in anger thinking of ways I could get away with killing Draco. How could he do this to me? I would never not let Kree see his dad. Its just seems so unfair because he didn't even claim my son until there was a DNA test proven.

"You okay?" Roman asked causing me to shake my head no.

"No." I stood up, "I'm not ok! I been stopped giving a fuck about what this nigga do! I gave him space and didn't even pressure him to help me take care of Kree! I did this shit! Out of everything in Kree room right now I can honestly say that Draco has bought nothing! This is straight bullshit!"

"It is, but you can't let this shit make you mad or sad Kiana—"

"Yes I can!" I screamed, "I'm so damn mad Roman to the point where I wanna hurt him. I want to physically put my hands on this nigga man! I swear if I didn't have a child to look after and care for I would have been in jail right now! I'm sick of this shit! I'ma fucking kill him!"

"No, you not. Listen to me, calm down. Stop letting him get the best of you. When you start acting out and shit that let's him know that he can control you. He basically is in control of your emotions right now. Stop this shit man, you got too much shit to live for to be talking like that Kiana." Roman said causing me to sigh loudly.

"I don't care, I'm gonna physically harm this nigga—"

"And what the fuck are you gonna gain from it?" Roman yelled causing me to go silent. "You gone put yo hands on him, and let him win this damn custody battle! Obviously you don't care too much about Kree if you're willing to lose him for damn second of fighting!"

"Roman—"

"No shut up!" He hollered, "That few seconds of fighting can make you lose everything for the rest of your damn life! So you choose Kiana! Do you wanna go over Draco house and start some shit that's gon end up fucking you in the end? Or do you wanna sit here like a goddamn adult and talk to God and get yo stuff in order so you win this battle?"

Kree started crying causing me to get up. Roman stopped me and shook his head.

"Don't touch him, sit here like I said and think for a minute. Because the shit you just said sounded fucking stupid." He said before slowly walking away from me.

I sat back down on the couch and pulled my hair from my face. I felt the tears weld up in my eyes slowly causing me to wipe them. Roman's right, I can't let Draco control me. I need to put a game face on and let him know that determined to win this little game he's playing. I can't let fifty seconds get me fifty years, or worse, my son taken away from me.