Chapter 15

Nick put his arms around me to make sure I was covered and nestled his nose up to my neck. I moved my fingers through his damp hair. Our bodies were drenched from sweat and we were lathering in it. Neither of us cared.

"That was unbelievable," Nick said as he untangled himself from me and stood up, his body naked exposed to the world.

Nick was gorgeous. The sun radiated off his tan skin and his muscled physique. I smiled, staring at him standing in front of me and aching for him.

"What are you thinking?"

"I was just thinking how absolutely sexy you are." My tone was sultry.

"Well you are absolutely sexy as well." Nick scanned my naked body from head to toe.

Suddenly, he turned and walked into the bedroom and I felt a pang of hurt. Was he turning cold yet again? I sat up and folded my arms around my chest, trying to cover up my exposed breasts.

Then, just as quickly as he'd left, Nick came back outside and wrapped a blanket around me. My mood perked up immediately and I was mad at myself for jumping to conclusions. I kissed him to show my appreciation for his gentlemanly act.

"Let's get inside. It's getting hot out here and I have some things planned for the day." His expression was soft but determined.

We walked inside and Nick took off to the bathroom so I laid on his bed glancing around his room. It was definitely more masculine than the other bedrooms. The paint was sandy brown and his bed frame dark, with a light cream color comforter accented with dark red and orange pillows.

The wood bench at the end of his bed was made of bamboo and thoughts of me sprawled across it, letting him devour me, filled my head. He said he had things planned but I'd rather spend the day in this bedroom letting him ravish me. The plans could wait until tomorrow. If I was even in his tomorrow.

Out of nowhere, grief filled me, and I wanted to cry. I felt scared because he knew nothing about me or my PCOS. I had made sure in the past to break things off before the big reveal and I was left heartbroken. But I couldn't make myself stay away from him. I was never this powerless with my feelings and he had trampled all over them, making me an emotional wreck.

"You look like you're deep in thought. Everything okay?" Nick stepped out from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

Every time I saw him, he put me in a trance. That must be why we never got around to talking about anything significant. But we needed to, and I couldn't let him consume me any more until we did.

"I'm okay. Before we start the day and get to your plans, can we run by my condo so I can get a change of clothes?"

"Well, the day has started, it's almost eleven, and I've already taken care of the clothing you will need for the day." Nick pulled a bag out from his closet and handed it to me.

I opened it, confused.

"All I'm going to need to wear is a bathing suit?"

"Exactly. We're going on my boat."

"How did you know my size?"

"I asked Natalie when I called her earlier. She wasn't one hundred percent sure, so I hope it fits. There is also a cover. I sent my assistant out this morning to get it."

"Assistant? I've never seen you with anyone at the office." My voice was stern. I couldn't help being a bit mad and jealous.

"She works mainly from home. So does Paul Anderson, the other investor that's on the conference calls with us. I am really the only one who has an established office outside of their home. Like I told you, I like to keep the work, home thing separate. Well, before you."