Epilogue

3 Years Later........

I turned off the kitchen faucet and glared at the glistening diamond band that rested on my left hand ring finger. Although it had graced my hand for over a year, I never got tired of glaring at it and reminiscing on the wonderful day. 

"Are you okay in here? I started the movie." Nick came up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. His touch still electrified me. 

I turned around so I was facing him and put my arms around his neck. "I was just washing my hands." 

He gave me a sweet kiss and glanced down to my stomach. "Not to much longer and that belly of yours is going to restrict you from putting your arms around me." 

I smirked at him. "Well, good thing you love me. I hear some woman cant even tie their shoes when they hit their 3rd trimester." 

Nick laughed and said, "I'll buy you some velcro shoes. Don't you worry." 

I let go of him and gave him a light smack on his shoulder. "Ah, I knew I married you for a reason." 

Our silly banter was interrupted by the ring of our doorbell. 

Nick looked at me confused. "Were we expecting anyone?" 

"No, only thing I am expecting is this little guy in four months." I rubbed my stomach. Even after carrying our son for four months, it seemed like a dream. The fertility treatments worked on the first round and we were in such disbelief, Nick bought every pregnancy test on the shelf at the local store.

Nick went to the door to see who it could be and I followed close behind. A familiar young man stood on our porch and I gasped. Nick's face turned white as a ghost and we both stood there, gawking at the boy.

" Are you Nick Finn?" Jonathan's voice cracked and I wasn't sure if it was from him being nervous or he was going through puberty. 

His parents had kept in contact a bit over the past few years, sending photos of him as he grew into a young man. They hadn't told Nick when they planned on telling Jonathan he was adopted, if they ever decided too. I assumed it must have happened because here he was in the flesh, standing on our porch. 

Nick searched for his words but when the only thing he could muster up sounded like a babbling goof ball, I answered for him. 

"Yes, he is Nick and I am Abby, his wife. Why don't you come in." 

I led the boy to the living room and we all took a seat on the couch. My usually talkative husband continued to stare so I started the conversation once again. 

"Do your parents know you are here?" 

"No. My birthday was a few weeks ago. I am sure you guys already knew that but they got me a car and gave me this." Jonathan handed me a letter with Nicks business card stapled to it. "They told me I was adopted and said Nick gave this to my dad years back when you guys visited with him."

I had no idea Nick had slipped Jack a letter for Jonathan with his contact information back when we met with him. 

"When my parents told me about the adoption they said that was Nicks information and I could contact him if I wanted. I don't know if I truly believed it so I wanted to come here and find out for myself." 

"Its true." Nick cleared his throat and finally spoke. He continued, "We met with your dad a few years back and I gave that to him in hopes if he told you about me, he would give it to you. I honestly didn't think he would but here you are." 

"He told me you guys stayed in contact some over the years. He sent you pictures of me. I guess I should have called first but I had to see you in person." 

"I am glad you came. But we do need to call Jack and let him know your safe. Can we get you anything? Food? Water?" 

"Yeah, a water would be nice." 

Nick and Jonathan walked to the kitchen and I smiled as I saw them interact with each other. Their mannerisms were similar and the resemblance was uncanny. 

I joined the boys in the kitchen and Nick put one arm around me and rested his hand on my belly. Jonathan grinned at us and Nick's face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. I didn't think it was possible for my heart to get any more full but that moment, watching Nick interact with his son and waiting for the other to enter our lives, proved me wrong.