Chapter 16

Nick and I arrived back to his house at sun down. After we indulged in each other a few more times, we spent the rest of the day sunbathing on the boat deck. I was embarrassed at first when I realized Gary had been driving the boat while Nick and I were hidden away consumed with one another, but when we resurfaced Gary was pleasant and didn't seem to mind. When Nick stepped away for a moment, he actually let it slip that Nick has never brought anyone on his boat other than family.

I didn't ask anymore questions. The day was going great and Nick had revealed enough of his feelings for me that I was reassured. I wanted to know more but I had no doubt, in time, he would open up more and I would have to also.

"What would you like for dinner?" Nick asked as we pulled up to his house.

"Hmmm, I can think of a few things." I stretched my arm around his neck and tugged on his hair. I couldn't get enough and I yearned for him.

"As great as that sounds, how about we eat dinner and then you can have me for dessert?" He sweetly kissed my arm teasing me.

"Are you sure?" I batted my eyelashes at him and licked my lips.

He leaned in a whispered into my ear. "Dessert, I promise."

Nick's breath against my ear rendered me speechless.

We walked into the house and I heard a clanking noise from his kitchen.

"Is someone here?"

Nick laughed, took my hand and led me to the kitchen.

There was a small woman about my height loading the dishwasher.

"Hey Mary, I want you to meet Abby." Nick glanced at me and said, "Abby, this is Mary, my housekeeper.

Mary turned around and smiled at me. Her salt and pepper colored hair was in a ponytail and she looked to be in her late fifties.

"It's so nice to meet you." I put my hand out to shake hers but instead she hugged me.

"Miss Abby, it is very nice to meet you also."

We stepped back out of our hug and she kissed Nick on the cheek. She was sweet and sincere. Her demeanor reminded me of the first time I met Natalie and was struck by how genuine she was.

Oh Shit! I never returned Natalie's call.

"Please excuse me, I need to make a quick phone call." I went into the living room and dialed.

"What the hell is going on?" Natalie was unsettled.

"Nat, I am so sorry it has been a bizarre day."

"Nick called me this morning asking your bathing suit size and said you spent the night with him. I thought you went home when we got to the complex?"

"I was restless and needed some air and ran into some issues. I'm fine but I have so much to tell you."

"Well damn, can we get together or are you still with lover boy?"

"I'm at his house. We were talking about dinner and I was thinking of suggesting a quiet night here, grilling out. You should join us."

"I don't know if that's a good idea."

"It's fine, he won't mind. And you have to see the inside of his house."

After the call I rejoined Nick and Mary in the kitchen. When I entered, Nick kissed me and I heard Mary giggle. Maybe she had never seen Nick like this with a woman? The thought made me feel good.

"Hey, if it's okay I invited Natalie to join us for dinner. I thought it would be good for me to spend some time with her and maybe break the girlfriend news to her together."