A Coffee Date

Junichiro rubbed his thumb over his cup as he waited. Calling his current state nervousness was an understatement. It wasn't everyday that your closest friend asked to meet up because they had something very important to talk about. It didn't help if you had sort of been crushing for a while. He took a sip from his drink to help soothe his nerves.

He jumped at the sound of the door being opened. Not too long after a familiar face sat themselves in the seat across from him. Junichiro waved with a nervous smile. He waved back with a soft smile.

"So, you wanted to talk?" Junichiro said, trying not to show his nervousness.

"Yeah... I think it's important because things will change once I talk about it." he replied, taking Junichiro's drink and sipping from the straw he used.

"Mafuyu..." he muttered. "Wouldn't you have preferred to talk in private?"

"Yeah, but I didn't want you to assume anything from us being alone and away from people." said Mafuyu, handing his drink back.

"Well, I'm listening." said Junichiro, finishing off his drink.

"Um... I've done a lot of thinking... about myself..." Mafuyu said, getting quieter as he lost confidence. "And us..."

"Go on. Wait, let me guess. You want..." Junichiro said, causing Mafuyu to look up with hopeful eyes. "...to be best friends?"

Mafuyu deflated. Junichiro noticed then frowned. It wasn't the right answer. Could it have been the opposite? His heart started to break.

"You want to stop being friends?" he muttered, digging his finger into the table.

"No!" Mafuyu said loudly then covered his mouth. "No, that's not it..."

"Then?" Junichiro pried.

"I want to upgrade from the friend status..." Mafuyu said, his cheeks gaining color.

"So, family?" Junichiro asked.

Mafuyu groaned, unbelieving that this was actually happening. Junichiro definitely wasn't the dense type, but at this critical moment he just had to be.

"I don't want to be brothers, but lovers..." he said tiredly.

Junichiro blinked in surprise. Did he hear correctly? He wasn't dreaming? That his closest and dearest friend he cherished wanted the same thing he wanted? Mafuyu held his hands and smiled warmly.

"Yes. Let's do that. Yes, please." said Junichiro to the point it could be seen as pleading.

"You... feel the same? Thank heavens... I was so nervous..." said Mafuyu clutching his heart.

Mafuyu moved his seat next to Junichiro's then placed a soft kiss onto his cheek. Junichiro wasn't satisfied and seized Mafuyu's lips, having dreamt of a day he got to taste them. Mafuyu happily gave in, moving closer to Junichiro.