Reunions Are Often Sweet

Tamaki looked out the window of his car as he was driven home from work. It was one of those days that he started thinking about his past, his childhood to be specific. His mind would traverse through the vast memories he had and pull out many pleasant memories along with not so pleasant ones. It would eventually go back to one person. Kazama Jin. A name he thought he'd long forget as years went on. A name he soon longed to call out once more in childish ignorance like he always did. Out of all the friends he made, Jin saw past his rich upbringing, treating him just like any other kid.

His one wish was granted by some kid who was certainly not as well off as he. It was ironic in some way. He remembered the days when he'd tease Jin about his hair and Jin would mock how rich kids acted.

"Something on your mind, Mr. Suoh?" the driver asked, glancing in the mirror.

"Just keep driving." said Tamaki, shifting in his seat.

The car pulled off and traveled down the street once more. Tamaki briefly blinked then glued his face to the window. Was it him? It looked like him but how could he be sure?

"Stop the car." Tamaki demanded. "I said stop the car!"

The driver was slow in stopping, making Tamaki take matters into his own hands. He jumped out of the moving vehicle and dodged incoming cars as he ran across the street, following the long haired blonde.

"Excuse me! Excuse me, please wait!" Tamaki shouted, causing the person to look back.

"Oh, today must be my lucky day. Getting called out by the one and only son of that Mr. Suoh." she said with a chuckle. "What can I do for you, cutie?"

Tamaki bit his lip and walked away. It wasn't Jin. He had projected Jin's face onto her. He looked stupid, no, he probably was stupid. Why would Jin remember a guy like him? A person raised to use whoever and whatever to achieve his goals of gaining more wealth and power over others. In all honesty, he just wanted to be a normal kid just like Jin. Have normal worries, normal friends, normal crushes. His ears perked up at the sound of the woman's voice.

"He's right there. Do you know him?" she asked but never got an answer.

"Uh, excuse me... Sir?" a low voice called out from behind him.

Tamaki turned around and looked the man in the eye. He rubbed his eye, making sure he wasn't projecting again.

"Jin...? Kazama Jin...?" he squeaked out.

"That's me." he replied with a grin.

Tamaki abandoned all speech and instantly went in for a hug. After all these years of being separated, he got to see him again and all grown up. He felt his eyes water up as Jin continued to hold him in his arms. He never thought he'd see him again after his parents banned any and all form of contact with Jin once learning how close they were. Tamaki was certain it wouldn't have been an issue if Jin came from money.

"I wish I could've grown up beside you..." Tamaki whispered, truly wishing to have gone through hell and back with him.

"Me too, dude. You got some evil parents, that's for sure." said Jin with a laugh. "It's all cool now though, right? We're both adults now."

"It's not the same... I should've ran from home and lived with you. I hated every second, every day we weren't together. I felt like a doll in that disgusting house. You always made me feel alive..." Tamaki said, making himself vulnerable. "You're what I really needed."

"That's... actually rather touching." said Jin, feeling embarrassed. "You really felt that way? I was really just treating you like I did my other friends."

Tamaki nodded happily, causing Jin to feel more embarrassed. Tamaki's driver finally made his way back around then honked.

"Do you know how dangerous that was!? What was I to tell your father if you were hit?!" his driver shouted angrily.

"I wouldn't have done it if he didn't take my one real friend away from me years ago." countered Tamaki just as pissed. "Come on, we have catching up to do."

"But your driver-" Jin commented only for Tamaki to shut him down.

He wasn't going to let go of Jin again. Even if it meant disownment or written off the will.