Chapter 4

Hours had passed since their spat with Marshall and the other pups were bored out of their minds. They had told Ryder that the TV was broken, and he said he would get a new one. That still meant no Apollo or even Pup Pup Boogie, another thing to be angry at Marshall about. Currently, they were each doing their own thing to stave off the boredom. Rocky was reading a book about Thomas Edison, Rubble and Zuma were napping under a tree, Chase was doing pushups, and Skye was flicking a rock back and forth.

"Ugh, so bored…" whined Skye was she rolled onto her stomach and glanced at the sky. It looked like there wasn't going to be any bad weather so it gave her an idea. "I'm going to ask Ryder if I can fly today," she said as she got up and headed to the lookout.

"Okay…" said Chase and Rocky, while Zuma and Rubble just snored.

While watching Skye leave, Chase stopped doing his pushups and turned to Rocky. "Hey, Rocky… do you think we were a little harsh on Marshall?"

Rocky paused in turning a page before sighing. "Maybe, but can you honestly tell me you haven't always wanted to yell at him for his mistakes?"

Chase stayed silent, but his gut was telling him that something was wrong. He got up and stretched his legs."I'm going to talk to him."

He didn't even wait for a response, he just rushed to the other side of the Lookout where Marshall's dog house was. But when he arrived, he grounded to a halt at the sight of nothing. The firetruck was gone, as was Marshall. "Marshall? Marshall?!" Chase cried out, but there was no response. Concerned, he taped is communicator tag for Marshall. "Hey, Marshall? You there?"

No response.

"Marshall?"

When he got silence a second time, Chase felt that worry in his gut grows even more. "Guess he's still mad us… or maybe Ryder has him doing something." He quickly called for his owner.