Chapter 6

"Paw Patrol. Lookout. Now."

The rest of the pups knew something was wrong by the tone of Ryder's voice and the urgency behind it. None of the others decided to do their usual call out and rushed as quickly as they could towards the elevator. On the way, Rubble looked around and asked, "Hey, where's Marshall?"

"He's not here," answered Chase, as they entered the doors. "Even his truck is gone. I hope nothing happened to him."

The four reached the elevator and waited. And waited.

"This is… weird…" said Zuma, looking around. "We're all still standing. Usually, when Mawshall's here we're all on our backs."

"Yeah, without him it just seems… empty," second Rocky.

The others just nodded in agreement as the elevator started to move. Getting into their uniforms, they jumped out and lined up next to a downtrodden Skye as Chase stood in attention. "Paw Patrol, ready for act… tion…" Super Spy Chase's voice died down as he and the other Pups were met with an angry Ryder. Gulping, Chase finished, "Um… Ryder, sir?"

Ryder, with his arms crossed, stayed silent for a bit before shaking his head. "Pups, I'm really disappointed in you."

"What? Why?" They asked except for Skye.

"Because I had to find out that you five insulted and bullied Marshall earlier for making a mistake," pointed out Ryder.

The others winced as Rocky whispered, "We… were just angry."

"Well, I hope you're happy because your angry words have forced Marshall to run away!"

The four pups gasped as Skye silently cried. Chase, nearly turning white, pressed his communicator tag. "Marshall! Come in, buddy! Please!"

The others tried their tags as well, but they got nothing. Zuma shook his head. "Mawshall wouldn't wun away! He loves being a Paw Patrol Pup! He loves us!"

"But… we were really hard on him…" muttered Rubble, doing his best not to cry. "He must think we hate him!"

"What have we done…" whispered Rocky.

Chase, to everyone surprise, turned around and began hitting his paws on the elevator. "Stupid! So stupid! How could I have said that to him! I called him an annoyance! An annoyance! What kind of leader am I? What kind of friend am I?!" Chase howled in anger before falling on his haunches and began to tear up. "How could I have said those things?"

Ryder walked up to him and held him, letting the super spy pup cry on his shoulder. As mad as he was at them, he knew that they were just as hurt as he was about Marshall leaving. The others were just as emotional as Chase, and seeing the strongest of them act like this brought the seriousness straight home.

Rubble gulped as he wiped the tears from his face. "What are we going to do? We don't know where Marshall is!"

"What if we never see him again?!" shouted Skye with worry.

"We have to find him!" shouted Rocky, stepping forward, "And we have to tell him how much we care about him! We have to say we're sorry!"

"Right you are, Rocky," said Ryder, getting up and grabbing his pad. "We need all paws on deck for this one. Each of us will be splitting up to search for Marshall. Zuma, you check the beaches and water. Rubble, check the outskirts of town like Yumi's farm. Rocky and I will check the town. Chase, you and Skye check the forest and mountain area. If any of you see or get a hint of where Marshall is, call us."

The pups didn't even bother to shout out their catchphrase, the situation was just too serious. All they could think about was Marshall and his safety. Ryder headed for the pole towards his ATV, while the pups went through the slide and into their respective vehicles.