Chapter 33

For the first time in his life, Rocky didn't care about getting wet. Not if it meant finding Marshall. I'd even let him spray me with his water cannons every day if it means seeing him again."

When the storm was too much for any of them to handle, Ryder had ordered all pups back to the look out much to their disagreement. They all wanted to find Marshall, especially in this storm. Nevertheless, he gave an order and they obeyed. It had shocked them all when Chase told Ryder to pretty much forget it and took off on his own. The very same Chase that always drilled them everyday into obeying Ryder's every command.

Now they had both Marshall, Chase, and even Skye to worry about as it appeared she decided to follow him. Rocky wondered if she did it because she wanted to find Marshall, or because of her feelings for the Police Pup. Everyone in Adventure Bay knew that Chase and Skye had a thing for each other, but neither of them had the courage to admit it.

Still, if there were any two pups who could find Marshall, it was them. The rest could only wait for their return. Zuma constantly paced around the living room while Rubble was focused on the driveway outside, hoping to see or hear a car coming. Rocky had learned the value of patience early at a young age, but he was finding it hard to not just grab his truck and continue the search.

Even if it meant getting wet.

"Wocky?" asked Zuma, looking at him with worry. Rocky did his best to smile at the pup. A long time ago, that speech of his annoyed him a bit since he couldn't say his name right. Over time he grew used to it and saw Zuma as the little brother of the team next to Rubble. "D-do... do you think Mawshall hates us?"

The idea of Marshall and the word "hate" never once crossed Rocky's mind except for maybe flying. But with the fight earlier in the day playing in his head, he couldn't lie and think that there was some truth in Zuma's question. "I don't know..."

"I don't blame him," whispered Rubble, looking away from the window. "We said such horrible things to him. Over a stupid show..."

"I don't cawe how long it takes! I'll make it up to him, I pwomise!" cried out Zuma, rubbing his eyes. "I just want our family back..."

Rocky walked over and hugged his friend who began to cry on his shoulders. "I'm sure Chase and Skye will bring him back. Everything will be okay."

At least, Rocky hoped so. He couldn't help but get a bad feeling in his chest that something bad had happened.