Chapter 9

Zuma had searched every beach there was in Adventure Bay, but no luck in finding Marshall. None of the people or animals on the beach had seen him either. That left only the ocean and nearby islands to search for his buddy, but Zuma doubted Marshall was at any of them. Granted, any of the islands would have been a great place to run away, but Marshall would have known that Zuma could have tracked him down with his hovercraft.

Deciding to report in, Zuma hit his communicator tag for Ryder. "Zuma here. No sign of Mawshall. I'm gonna twy Seal Island and any of the other neawby ones."

"I doubt he went there, but we can't leave any place unchecked. Search where ever you can, Zuma. Ryder out."

Zuma sighed as he heard arfing and turned to the right to see Wally the Walrus waving at him, fish in his mouth. "Hey, Wally. Have you seen Mawshall?"

Wally shook his head, but in turn threw the fish out of his mouth and hit Zuma straight on the snout. Zuma shook it off and Wally caught it again. "Ugh, thanks anyway, dude."

Wally arfed goodbye as Zuma began to wonder about Marshall again. If Marshall had run away, their words must have been a lot harsher then they meant to be. Zuma didn't hate Marshall, he really cared about him a great deal. He was brave, funny, and always willing to be helpful.

As the second youngest, he saw all his friends as his big brothers or sisters. Chase was the responsible big brother. Skye was the graceful sister. Rocky was the smart brother. Rubble, despite being younger than Zuma, was the playful little brother. And Marshall was the fun big brother. The kind who could keep you smiling no matter what. And with Ryder acting like a father figure to them, it was like having a family.

And we huwt our family by huwting Mawshallthought Zuma.

Turning his head, he noticed a boat rental shop that brought Zuma back towards his first mission where he saw just how awesome Marshall was. Not to mention how dedicate he was to his duty as a Fire-Pup.