Chapter 25

Chase didn't know why his dad wanted him to meet this dog family, even if they were old friends. It wasn't that he was scared. Not Chase. He was just unsure. He never bothered making friends with other pups because of how big they were or how weird it felt being with other dogs. Especially since most of them had two parents while he only had one.

Not that his dad wasn't great. He was the best police dog in all of Adventure Bay. Even in his old city before he moved and met his mom he was famous. To Chase, his father was everything in his world. How he acted, what he said, what he believed in. All of it Chase absorbed like a sponge.

Plus, he had friends. Human friends like Ryder and his brilliant dad. They were his family, even if they were different species, and Ryder had been there for him ever since he was born. He didn't feel there was any reason for him to meet his family, especially their son.

The only reason he was not pushing the issue was because one of them, was his Dad's old teammates from his day as a Rescue Rover, the first multi-dog rescue team that Ryder's dad once lead. While the old team split up, and went their own separate ways, his dad and the dalmation that was coming had stayed close over the years. Everyone else had drifted way.

Chase watched as his father licked the last of his fur on his head, claiming he was satisfied with the grooming. "Ugh, do you have to do that, Dad? It's embarrassing."

A much larger german shepherd with deep green eyes and a small scratch on his cheek chuckled. "Sorry, Chase. Can't have you scaring our guests' way with your ugly bed head. Now you remembered to put all your toys away, right?""

Chase walked over to the entrance of the Lookout and tried to find any he missed. "Yup! Got them all, Dad!"

His dad gave him a proud smile before both of them heard the sound of a car honking. "That must be them right now. I'll go get the Professor and Ryder."

His father left the room to head upstairs while Chase gulped upon the thought of having guests in their home. They rarely ever got any, but there was a first time for everything. Huh? He walked outside and saw a huge firetruck coming into their parking lot. Chase wagged his tail and barked as the red engine blew its horn. Two adult dalmations, one male with small spots and a female with fluffy big spots, jumped down from the top of the trunk. A group of firefighters all waved at the two before the fire truck took off.

The two adults turned towards Chase and gave him a warm smile. "You must be Chase, right? Trigger's son?"

"Ugh, yes sir!" said Chase, standing tall and trying his best to look proper.

The female chuckled. "Yup, it's his son alright. I'm Misty, and this is my husband, Blaze."

"Nice to meet you, Chase. Your dad said you were a clear cardboard version of him and he wasn't kidding. Except your eyes. You got your mother's eyes," said Blaze, walking over and rubbing his paw over Chase's head.

Ignoring the head rubbing, Chase leaned forward eagerly upon hearing the last part. "Did you know her, sir?"

"Your father and I met her when we had to respond to an emergency with our team in this town. He fell in love with her at first sight. After the team split up, he decided to come back here and woo her over. Rest is history as they say," explained Blaze. He then looked around, trying to find something. "Honey? Where's Marshall?"

"He was with us when we got dropped off," said Misty, looking around.

Figuring that Marshall was their pup, Chase was about to suggest searching the area when a voice cried out, "Look out!" Chase turned around only to have his eyes widen at the sight of a dalmatian pup around his size, trying to ride a skateboard.

While deading right towards him.

Chase was knocked back as both pups sailed into the air. Chase landed on his back, but that was nothing compared to the dalmatian pup landing on top of him. The two groaned before the other pup shook his head and smiled. "Sorry, about that. I'm Marshall!"

"Chase. Could you please get off of me?" asked the German-shepherd pup.

"Sorry, " said Marshall, getting off as the two adult dalmatians chuckled. He looked up at the Lookout and gasped. "Wow! This is where you live?! You must be the coolest pup ever!"

"Uh, thanks," said Chase, blushing. He then noticed the skateboard. "Hey, where did you find that? I thought I put that away?"

"Oh, it was right by that tree over there. I was gonna carry it over, but I slipped and fell before I ended up riding it. It was really fun!" explained Marshall with a bounce.

"Looks like someone forgot to clean up their toys," said Trigger as he walked over, Ryder and his dad beside him. Ryder's dad was very similar to his son in both facial features and hair style with one main difference. He looked not only more mature, but also had a beard and glasses while wearing a lab coat. Chase whimpered at the thought of displeasing his father, but to his relief he got nuzzled instead. "Relax, Chase. It was a silly mistake, but a harmless one. Plus, I think Marshall here enjoyed playing around with it."

"Hi, Mr. Trigger! It's a honor to meet another member of Dad's Rescue Rover team!" said Marshall, wagging his tail.

"And you are just as much the bundle of energy your mother complains about," chuckled Trigger, making Marshall blush.

He turned to the other dalmatians and his smile grew as he hugged them as if they were family. "It's good to see you, Misty. You too, Hothead."

"Still never gonna let go of that nickname, huh?" teased Blaze as he slapped paws with his old teammate.

"Old habits die hard," answered Trigger.

"Good to see you again, Blaze. The years have been kind to you," said Ryder's dad.

"Thanks, Professor. Wish the whole team was here. Shame we're all so far away now," said Blaze, with a sigh.

He turned to Ryder and smiled. "Well, if it isn't little Ryder. All grown up. Last time I saw ya you were only about as tall as I was."

"Good to see you again, Blaze. Wanna come on in? We got snacks already lined up," said Ryder.

"Snacks?! Oh, boy! I'm hungry!" shouted Marshall, zipping over upon Ryder ending his sentence.

Chase's own stomach growled as he let out a chuckle. "I'm hungry too."

With that said, the group headed inside to enjoy eating and talk about old times.