Chapter 17

Immediately, after the memory ended, Rocky burst into tears and jumped into Ryder's arms where his owner hugged him. "I... I totally forgot... how could I... how could I..." Rocky buried his head into Ryder's chest, whimpering. "I'm horrible..."

"Rocky, it's okay. You made a mistake. I promise we'll find Marshall and we'll be back together as a family," assured Ryder.

Rocky sniffed and nodded. "Okay..."

"You know, you're the reason he asked to be trained as our medical pup," said Ryder, smiling as Rocky looked up at him with surprise written on his face. "He said he didn't want to see you or his other friends get hurt so he worked extra hard to help you guys if you go injured."

"I... I never knew..." whispered Rocky, shaking his head "But that's Marshall for you. Always wanting to help someone.

I was wrong. We were all wrong. Marshall is our heart as a family. He's not a dope or annoyance or a klutz. He's our friend and so many of us depend on him, thought Rocky, wishing he could just see Marshall tripping and crashing into something. Anything to just get this guilt off his chest.

"Guys? Zuma here! There's a big storm heading towards Adventwure Bay! It looks weally bad!" said Zuma from the Pup-Pad.

Ryder answered the call and forwards it to all Paw Patrol members. "Thanks, Zuma. Everyone! We have to be careful. If this storm gets too big, we'll be in just as much danger as Marshall might be. Zuma, head back to shore and meet up with Rubble to check the rest of the nearby outskirts. Rocky and I will try to meet up with Chase and Skye."

"Ryder, sir, we should also call Everest and Jake. Just in case he's heading up the mountain!" suggested Chase.

"Great idea, Chase. Over and out," said Ryder as he turned his Pup-Pad to Everest's tag and pressed it, Everest appear on the screen with Jake right beside her.

"Hey, Ryder! What do you need?" asked Everest with a cheerful smile.

"Everest, we have a big problem. Marshall's run away and we can't find him!" said Ryder.

Both Everest and Jake gasped. "Dude, that's terrible. Why did he run away?"

"It's a long story, but we need your help in finding him. Can you check your mountain if he's there or on his way?" asked Ryder.

"We'll do our best, but Ryder," Everest started looking nervous, "there is a big snow storm coming and combined that with the thunderstorm coming from your end, it's gonna make it very hard to find Marshall."

Rocky and Ryder both looked at each other with grim expressions on their faces. Rocky decided to answer this time and said, "Please help us, Everest. It's me and the other pups fault that this happened. We want our friend back."

"We'll do our best. Over and out!" cried Everest before they called out.

"Think we'll find Marshall before the storm starts?" asked Rocky.

"I hope so, Rocky," said Ryder as he looked towards the coming storm.