Chapter 16

... and thus the four musketeers held their swords over their heads and shouted, 'All for one and one for all'. The end!" read Marshall as he closed the book.

Rocky barked his approval at Marshall's reading. The firepup had played each role as best as he could, even doing a few imitation of the sword fights. If anything, it made the story even more interesting and hearing it read to him was an experience he hadn't felt since the caretaker at the orphanage first read to him as a pup. It was one of the few good things he was fond of at that time and it was that caretaker who inspired his love of reading.

"That was such a cool story. I really like D'Artagnan! He was so brave!" said Marshall, who jumped around. "Hey! Maybe we should dress up like Musketeers! You, me, Chase, and Rubble can be the four heroes!"

"What about Zuma and Skye?" asked Rocky, amused by the idea.

"Well, I'm sure Zuma won't mind being Rochefort or Cardinal Richelieu, and we can have Skye be Milady De Winter!" suggested Marshall.

"You do realize Skye will bite your ears off when she learns you want to make here a villain," chuckled Rocky.

"Well, that will only prove my point," laughed Marshall.

The two pups continued to laugh until they heard the others arrive home and were greeted by them when they entered the medical room. "We're back, and mission accomplished," said Chase with a satisfied smirk.

Rocky gasped upon seeing Ryder carrying his hat and cheered when it was placed back on his head. "Thanks, guys. What happened to the bullies?"

"Oh, they'll be tied up in one of my nets for a while. Good thing I have plenty of extras," said Chase with a snicker.

"Yeah, those three were begging and crying for us to let them down when we left them," laughed Skye.

"I already called Mayor Goodway about them and she said they'll be sent to the pound for their actions," explained Ryder. "Maybe a few months there will straighten them out."

"Good widdance is what I say," said Zuma, laughing until his stomach started growling. "Um, can we have lunch Wyder?"

"Sure! Come on, pups!" said Ryder as he turned to Rocky. "I still need you to rest here for a few days, Rocky. I'll bring your dinner to you."

"Okay," said Rocky as he watched the other pups head out. He then cried out, "Hey, Marshall!" When the pup turned around, Rocky smiled and said, "Thanks for being a good friend.

"No problem!" said Marshall, before he turned around and accidentally bumped into the wall. "Ow. I'm okay.