Chapter 20

While the pups were free to do whatever they want, within reason, Sunday was Patrol day. That was the day, Ryder split the group into three teams of two to watch for any dangers or emergencies. However, due to a late night rescue that required all of the Paw Patrol, except Skye and Marshall, only one group was out today. The rest had been given the option to sleep in; even Chase, who normally loved Patrol day.

And so, geared up in their Pup-Packs, the duo headed out to do their weekly patrol. Skye actually tried to remember a time when she hung out on Patrol with only Marshall, but couldn't recall. The only two pups she ever went out alone with was Chase, because of... reasons. And Zuma because she saw him as her kid brother, even if she was shorter than him.

"So what do you want to do? Check out the farms? The beach? The playground?" asked Marshall, jumping up and down like a newborn pup, wagging his tail and panting.

Skye chuckled at his adorableness. He was cute, and nice, but Skye wanted somebody more mature. Someone like Chase...

"Thinking about Chase again?" asked Marshall, surprising her and laughing when he saw her blush. She didn't know how him of all pups knew of her crush on their leader pup, but at least he didn't blab it out. "I don't know why you don't tell him. I'm sure he'll accept."

"But he doesn't seem to notice me like, you know, a girl. I mean, he's always so serious about being a police dog that he'd probably be too focused on that to even... like like me," answered Skye.

Marshall snorted and did his best to hold his laughter in. "Oh... jeez..."

"What?"

"Nothing," said Marshall, laughing out loud. "Nothing." He then stopped and tilted his head upon seeing something across the street. "Hey, what's that?"

Skye turned across the street where there was an empty parking lot usually, only it had something that Skye hadn't seen in a long time. A series of pink and decorated trailers and moving can with the words "Dog Beauties of USA". She didn't know why they would be here of all places since Adventure Bay was a small town and not a city like LA or New York. Probably, just here to rest before moving on.

"Hey, didn't you used to be a model?" asked Marshall, asking Skye as they got closer.

Skye sighed. "Kinda. My entire family is in the dog modeling business. My sisters are huge stars in Europe, and my mom and dad were big back in their day. They're retired now. I used to do it, but I realized it wasn't for me. I wanted to get into flying."

"So what happened?" asked Marshall, sitting down.

"One day, I saw a small plane and got inside. I accidentally activated it, but I was able to control it. I spotted a fire in a building with a mother and her baby on the roof. I landed, got them to safety, and my exploits were reported on TV. Ryder soon contacted me and asked if I wanted to be part of Paw Patrol. Took me all day to convince my parents, but they let me go," explained Skye, thinking about that day with was the day she felt alive for the first time in her life and could really do something. All the photo shots and dress-ups weren't that exciting to her. She felt like a doll, living a life she never wanted.

"Do you want to check it out? Maybe it has some of your old friends," said Marshall.

Skye shook her head. "Nah, I wasn't close to anyone. Let's just continue with patr-"

"Oh my gosh, Tina. Look who it is!" shouted a snobby sounding voice.

Skye's eyes widened before she shut them down and cursed in her head. Oh no. Not them. Anyone but them.

Slowly turning around, Skye saw a poodle with a fancy haircut and a diamond pink dress and a golden retriever with curled fur wearing a light blue dress with a tiara on her head. Suddenly, Skye felt like she was under a spotlight in a tight dress and couldn't breath as everyone stared at her. Again. The two smirking dogs walked up to scare Skye and confused Marshall.

"Well, look what we have here. It's our old good pal Skye," said the poodle.

"You know them, Skye?" asked Marshall, but Skye only kept her head down low.

"Oh, we know her alright. I'm Tina, and this is Bebe. We used to be best friends. Isn't that right Sky-Cry?" teased the retriever.

Skye turned away, biting her lip as she remembered that awful nickname. That name which took months to forget. "Leave me alone."

"What was that you little cry baby?" asked Tina.

Growling, Skye screamed, "I said leave me alone! And don't call me that! I'm not a little scardey pup anymore!"

The two fashion dogs laughed and shook their heads before turning to Marshall. "Has Skye never tell you how bad she was as a model? How she always posed wrong, or knocked over stage equipment. Let's not forget that time she fell off the stage once, hurt her knee, and cried cried cried."

"Only because you pushed me! You always were bullying me around!" shouted Skye, looking ready to rush a them.

"You can't prove anything," said Bebe, before looking at Skye's clothes and rearing back in disgust. "Ugh, and I see your sense of style has only gotten worse. Look at what you're wearing."

"This is my wing gear. I'm a member of Paw Patrol. A rescue pup. I do far more good in the world then you two fuu-fuu's ever do," countered Skye.

"Oh, please. You in Paw Patrol? I bet you're just their servant or something. There is no way, they would take cry baby like you, Sky-Cry," said Tina.

Skye was about to say something, but Marshall growled first. "You're wrong! Skye is our friend, and she's one of the best flyers I've ever seen!" Standing in front of her like a knight, he continued, "Skye has saved so many people with her flying skills that we couldn't do half of our rescues without her! She's brave, smart, graceful, talented, and fun to hang out with. A lot less than I could say for you two ugly's. "

The insulted dogs gasped and growled. "Watch it, fire boy. We happen to be the top two models of our industry."

"Then the industry stinks if it thinks you two are beautiful. Skye has a beautiful spirit, and that's more important than any makeup, dress, or jewelry you wear!" shouted Marshall.

Marshall... thought Skye, who felt her heart skip. She never had anyone ever stand up to her like that.

"What are you? Her boyfriend?" asked Bebe.

"No, but I am her friend. And as her friend, I feel inclined to do this." Marshall smirked before saying. "Arf! Water cannon!"

Skye watched as Marshall's water cannon came out of his puppack and sprayed her two bullies with ice cold water. The two screamed in fury and despair as the water ruin their perfect appearances. They ran away, calling for assistance while crying like babies. Skye and Marshall laughed as they saw the whole thing, the former wishing she had a camera to record this and put it online. It would be the perfect revenge against those two for everything they had done to her, but this was enough for now.

"That was so awesome!" shouted Skye as she rushed over and licked a blushing Marshall. "Thanks for standing up for me."

"What are friends for?" replied Marshall, putting his water cannon away. "Let's continue with the patrol, shall we?"

"Let's," answered Skye as they continued down the street, an extra skip in her walk.