Chapter 27

Skye couldn't help but laugh. "Cali was your first rescue, huh? I guess it shouldn't come to a surprise since we rescued her so many times."

"Yeah," chuckled Chase. "Marshall and I grew closer as we met more and more. Our dad's didn't want to lose touch with each other like they had with the other members of the Rescue Rovers so we saw each other almost every week. I think that day was also the day Ryder decided he wanted to form the Paw Patrol with me and Marshall as the founding pups. Of course, we didn't really start getting into rescues until you and Rocky joined."

"Whatever happened to the rest of the Rescue Rovers? Besides your dad and Marshall's dad, I never really hear much about them," asked Skye.

"The rest... just fell out of touch. Never were seen again. It's one of the things Ryder wanted to do differently with Paw Patrol. Start it when we were pups, so our bonds as friends could last longer. Most of the Rescue Rovers were adults when they started, but our dad's were teens. That's why they bonded easier." Chase bit his lip and turned back to his drone screen. "I didn't want that to happen to our team. That's why I'm so upset at myself for what I did to Marshall. Not only because he's my friend, but also because I want us to be friends forever. "All of us."

Skye looked at Chase with a warm smile. He acts tough all the time, but deep down he has a big heart.

A beep on the screen alerted the two of them. Chase barked with excitement. "The drone found something! It's getting closer and...." Suddenly Chase's expression turned to one of horror as he slowly began to lose all color in his face. "... oh no...."

Skye looked at the screen and soon shared a similar expression.

The drone had found Marshall's fire truck... smashed, burning, and no sign of Marshall.