Chapter 21

Marshall had helped her deal with her old bullies, and she repaid him by bullying him back with the others. She felt unworthy of being his friend and swore she would do everything she could to bring her friend home. She glanced down where she saw Chase and found him stopping in the middle of the road. Pressing her communicator tag, she called Chase. "Did you find something?"

"Yeah, I found a bunch of tracks! It smells like Marshall's truck!" said Chase on the other line.

"Really?! That's great!" shouted Skye as hope began to fill in her chest.

She quickly contacted Ryder. "Ryder! We found tracks of Marshall's fire truck!"

"Great work, pups! We'll try to head up to your location, but this storm is getting pretty rough," said Ryder. "Hang tight until we get there."

"But Ryder, we need to find Marshall! He could be miles ahead! Any time we wait will waste any chance of finding him!" shouted Chase.

"And what happens if you 2 get lost in the storm as well? It's best if we do this together."

"... can I at least use my drone? That way I can stay on the search and still stay put?" suggested Chase.

Deciding to support Chase, Skye quickly said, "I'll be with him at all time, Ryder. Don't worry!"

"Alright, just be careful. Ryder out. Good luck, Chase," said Ryder.

"Super Spy Chase is on the case! Drone!"

As Skye came down for a landing, she saw the drone shoot out and fly in the direction of the tracks. Landing down, she rushed over to Chase, being mindful of the rain, and saw him concentrate on the drone screen. She didn't say anything as Chase concentrated, but she could see the worry in his eyes.

"Come on, Marshall. You have to be somewhere..." muttered Chase. "I have to find him. Have to find him."

"Chase... "said Skye, putting a paw on his shoulder. "We will find him. I promise."

Chase nodded in thanks as he went back to his drone screen.