ONE: Introduction

A/N: This is all just made up.  I was trying something different but there's a lot of heart too. I hope you enjoy it for what it is.

 First, I just had a very cool friend design my new cover! Thank you, @jiyarani! You are so great! 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ivy Shaw laid on the hammock in the backyard going over the events of the past year. She was relieved that things were getting back to normal.

She had a wonderful husband that she loved. He spoiled her. Damien Shaw. They were twelve years into the marriage. He was a fantastic husband and dad. He wasn't perfect but who in the hell was.

He was in construction and loved it. He loved the work and he was good at it. He loved to build things and work with his hands. He had plans to build Ivy a house someday. He literally had the plans, blueprints, of a house. He designed it just for Ivy. But things happened as life always demands.

Damien came home from work with the flu. He was sick. Ivy was worried because it lasted longer than the flu. Over a week. He did everything. He took vitamins and drank orange juice. Everything that Ivy told him to do. Nothing helped. He felt like shit.

She made a doctor's appointment for him and dragged him there. They poked and prodded and took blood. They called him back to take more blood.

None of it felt like good news as they waited in the doctor's office. Not the waiting room but the doctor's actual office. That was never good.

Damien had stage four cancer. It was in his lymph system now and there was nothing they could do. They offered hospice care and medicine to make him comfortable. There was nothing anyone could do.

Ivy was shocked. Damien was mad at first but too sick to care for long. A nurse came to the house and helped set him up with an IV of pain medicine and one checked on him every hour either by phone or personally. They were wonderful nurses and this was what Damien chose. He wanted to be home. 

Thanks for reading and smack that cute star right in the face.