NINE: The Twenties and Thirties

"What are we doing today?" Ivy hated to ask. She was laying on the floor in the guest room with Sebastian. They agreed that a bed was to intimate. It was weird.

"Well, I would love to see your store. I am very curious. Is it a lingerie store?" He smiled.

Ivy laughed. "No. It's a clothing store. It has a variety but my favorites are the older stuff from the twenties and thirties. I love vintage clothes. It's my passion that I am thrilled about pursuing. Damien was very supportive. I was lucky." She wiped a tear. "Sorry."

Sebastian wiped a tear with his finger. "Don't apologize. I know. I understand and I'm here for you. This is fucked up and you are allowed to be confused and sad. I'll hold you while you do it." He smiled a sad smiled. "I would love to see your store and maybe take you to a nice lunch or something."

"Okay. I need a shower and I have to find clothes." Ivy wiped more tears and stood up. She grabbed a towel and took a shower in the hall bathroom. She wasn't ready to use anything in their room especially now. She felt so guilty.

Sebastian walked in. "Ivy?"
"Yes."

"Why?"

"I'm not ready to use my bathroom." Ivy watched the water circle the drain. It needed cleaned out.

Sebastian nodded. "In that case..." He climbed in and wrapped around her. "I'm washing your back!"

Ivy screamed and giggled. It really tickled when someone else washed you ...Ivy never knew that. Damien wasn't a wash your back kind of guy.

Ivy drove to her store and turned on the lights. The sign said closed for family reasons. She hadn't been in since Damien got sick. She missed it.

"Nice place!" Sebastian smiled. He walked through the clothes and began looking. "Oh! I know someone that would love this shop, Ivy! I will talk to her when I get home."

He pulled out a pretty black and white dress from the fifties maybe. "Nice. Do you wear any of this?" He had to ask.

Ivy stared. "I do. I usually do but jeans and t-shirts are all I feel up to right now. I haven't wanted to dress nice. Sorry." She sighed.

"Don't be. I was just curious." Sebastian just kept window shopping. "Where do you find these?"

"Some of it is originals from auctions. I have a girl that loves to find that stuff. Fran. She is awesome. Some of it is just knockoffs. I try to keep them separate."

"Some people just like to look vintage and some collect. I try to cater to them both. I love it all." Ivy smiled a very sweet smile.

Sebastian saw the smile. He walked up to her. "I love that smile." He pulled her close and kissed her. "Ever had sex in your office?"

Ivy gasped. "This is the workplace. No!"

"Good." Sebastian smiled and dragged her to her office and cleared her desk. He took her on her desk which is not as comfortable as one might think. They ended against a wall. He let Ivy put her feet on the floor. "I love your shop, Ivy." He whispered and kissed her.

"I noticed, Sebastian." She blushed.

Sebastian kissed her shoulder.

Thanks for reading and smack that cute star right in the face.