FIFTEEN: Ed

Cooper was tied to a chair in the middle of an empty room. It was carpeted. He had no idea where he was and he was getting worried. No one had hurt him yet but they did knock him out on his way to the party.

He never made it and his driver didn't know either. It had been a couple of hours. Other than a headache, he was unharmed.

No one talked to him or answered his questions. He had no idea why he was there. He overheard something about his uncle but only his name. He figured they just wanted money.

He looked around. There were seven guards with guns and one guy bossing them around. He was the leader, clearly.

Cooper was worried because these were big guys. Strong and muscled. He wondered what would happen. Maybe the cops would charge in, guns blazing or sneak in through the vents to rescue him, like James Bond.

Probably neither of those things. A horrifying thought hit him. He could die here. He would die tied to this chair and he would never see Jake. His mom! Shit. Jake was his first thought. He was scared for Jake now. He wanted to see Jake one last time. He loved Jake.

Ivy had a question. "Do they know for sure that you are a vampire or is this a guess?"

"We're not actually sure, Ivy. They could be guessing. They asked for it and they are getting it." Sebastian was pissed. They just fucked with the wrong vampire when they fucked with his nephew.

Ivy tried to calm him. She gave up. "Just get Cooper back alive and unharmed, Sebastian or I will pull your teeth out!" She glared at him.

He took her face in his hands. He just fell in love with her. He kissed her. "That is a promise, Ivy."

"Maybe try to be normal first. Try to convince them that you aren't a vampire first? If they don't know for sure, they may not kill a regular person! Maybe." Ivy saw his expression. "Then, if that doesn't work, do it your way."

Chase smiled. "This is so sweet!" He looked at Sebastian in the mirror. He could tell his friend was smitten and ready to try things Ivy's way, anything for her.

Sebastian glared at the mirror. Chase laughed as they pulled into the parking lot.

The address was in a business office. Rows of them. Suite 112 was a dentist office and Ivy thought that was ironic because she just threatened to take Sebastian's teeth. There should be a tooth joke in there somewhere. She wanted to laugh at that and tried to push away all of the bad images she had of Cooper. She was scared they killed him or worse.

They parked and walked. Ivy stayed with Sebastian as promised and Chase went around and waited. They wouldn't be expecting two vampires. Chase was back up.

Two men were guarding the door. Sebastian was going to try Ivy's way. No teeth. He walked up with Ivy. His hands were up in surrender. "I received a call? I'm Sebastian."

The guards opened the door and one ushered them both inside. He walked them to the back room at gunpoint. Ivy saw Cooper tied to a chair and forgot everything. She rushed to him and hugged him.

"Mom!" Cooper was relieved to see her and scared she would get hurt. His uncle was there. He looked calm.

"You hurt, Cooper?" Sebastian asked.

"I'm okay." Cooper was better now.

The bad guy stepped between Ivy and Sebastian and he didn't like that. He had to push the vampire back. He was out for blood at the second. This guy was in danger and had no idea. Sebastian noted that all of the hunters were armed. Ivy and Cooper were in serious danger.