THIRTY-FOUR: Closure

A/N: And this is where I messed up! I totally forgot a chapter when I first wrote this story... so if you did read this, maybe...read this part again!! Sorry my darlings!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was eleven thirty when Jake and Cooper hid behind a dumpster across the street. He wanted to see if Carol was being honest. Jake didn't trust his mom. Ex-mom. He was amazed at how quick his life changed but this was now. He had Cooper. He inhaled. He still had his life and most of it hadn't changed, just his address and his parents or guardian. And that was enough.

At eleven fifty-five, the garage door opened and Carol walked out. She made four trips. Jake started to stand but Cooper held his hand. "Let her go, Jake."

Cooper was in tears. He hated seeing Jake hurting. Jake was right and this hurt Cooper too. They watched the garage door close.

"Well, let's get your stuff." Cooper pulled Jake up and over to the trash. Sebastian was there. He promised to always be there.

"Let me help." He took two bags and was across the street when the porch light came on and Corey was there.

"Get the fuck out of here!" He had a bat.

Cooper glared. "Really? A baseball bat? We are just getting these bags. These belong to Jake!" Cooper was mad.

Corey stormed over. "That is garbage. Go."

"I'm gay, Corey. It's not like I am a criminal. I can even still play football. I have been in love with Cooper since I was ten!" He glared.

"No! No, son of mine will be gay! I don't accept fags in my house or in my yard." Corey glared.

Cooper may have deserved a little of what happened next. He could even see it coming. "You are so homophobic, maybe you are gay!"

Corey swung the bat and Cooper braced for the hit, it never came. Sebastian was there to grab the bat and took it from Corey. "I wouldn't hit my nephew if I were you!" He growled and he was a vampire.

Corey was shocked to say the least. Sebastian glared. "I'm not gay but I can protect them. These are children. Go in the house, Corey. Now." He took a breath.

Corey stared some more. "What are you?" He was shaking. Sebastian smiled. Corey was smart enough to be scared.

"I am his uncle and Jake's father. Get the bags, boys, let's go." He hadn't looked away from Corey. The vampire was guarding the boys from the enemy.

Jake stared but Cooper pulled Jake around. "Come on. It's okay." They picked up the black plastic bags and walked away. Jake didn't even look back. He wanted to play it cool, like he knew what was going on. He was freaking out on the inside but Cooper was cool.

Sebastian stormed into his apartment with Jake and Cooper. Ivy stood up. She was eating some cake. "Uh, Sebastian? Everything okay?" She rolled her eyes. "I see that it's not. Are the boys okay?"

Sebastian sat and he was still very vampiric. "Fine. I have to calm down before the police arrive." He took a breath. "Cooper, do you mind? I just need a little. I won't kill you."

"I know, Uncle Sebastian. Can I have an energy drink after this?" He sat by his uncle.

Ivy laughed. "Yes."

Sebastian smiled. "And a coffee. It won't hurt."

Cooper moved an arm out and put it back. "What do I need to do?"

"Just sit still." Sebastian stood and touched Cooper's shoulder for five seconds and inhaled. "Thanks. Are you okay?" He was back to normal.

Cooper nodded. "I feel a little..."

"What in the fuck is happening?" Jake stared at everyone.

Ivy smiled. "Oh! I forgot he wasn't there yet. Sebastian is what we call a vampire but they don't drink blood." She pulled out an energy drink for Cooper. "Sip it."

"We ran into some undesirables in Canada and they kidnapped Cooper. They wanted a vampire and got one. Now, my people are investigating that." Sebastian felt better. He pulled out some Chinese and heated it up.

"Really? And no one was going to tell me!" Jake stared. "My dad is a vampire. That is something that you should tell me. How cool is that!" Jake was excited. "Like in your movies!"

Sebastian smiled. He let his teeth out. "Yes. But real. This is a secret. I am so sorry that we didn't tell you. I really am sorry. Can we talk later because the police are here?" He sounded casual.

There was a knock and Jake jumped. Cooper stood beside him and took his hand. "Mr. Shaw. This is the police."

Thanks for reading and smack that cute star right in the face.