THIRTY-TWO: May We Talk

A/N -- Well, I love writing this chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it!

>>>>>>>>

They just returned from a nice relaxing vacation at Sebastian's house. It had been two weeks since Jake was kicked out and Sebastian was hoping that Jake's parents changed their minds.

He knocked. Carol opened the door. "May we all talk. Please. Just a civilized conversation. No yelling."

Jake was surprised that his mother nodded. He was surprised she even opened the door. She let them in. They sat in the den. It was where guests were brought to, uninvited guests and salespeople.

Carol sat beside Corey. He didn't look happy. Corey looked like Jake. He would be hot if he wasn't such a hotheaded bigot.

"What could you say to us?" Corey was still pissed. He didn't want a fag in his house. He was crushed that his son was gay! He had so many plans for him.

"I wanted to talk. Jake has been staying with me. I need to ask about his future. What are your plans with him?" Sebastian had to ask.

"We don't have plans with him. He is no longer our...problem!" Corey was done. He looked at Carol. "Give him the papers."

Carol was fighting tears. She loved her son but she was loyal to Corey. "Here." Her hand was shaking. "I was going to have them delivered."

Sebastian looked at them. "What is this?"

"We are signing away our parental rights to whomever wishes to sign this. They will be his legal guardian until he turns eighteen. Just sign this and he is your problem." Corey sounded harsh. He didn't even look at Jake. "I will have all the copies sent to you also."

Sebastian stared. "What? I came here to find out...you are ditching him!" He stood up. "This is one of the best kids I have ever had the privilege to talk to! He is funny and honest. May I have my lawyer look at this?"

"There are no loopholes, Mr. Shaw. We have no intentions of trying to take him back. I have a scanner. Can you scan them have him read them right now?" Corey was on top of this.

Sebastian nodded and pushed a button on his phone. He's lawyer was in his office already and agreed to go over the papers. His lawyer was waiting for the copies. Corey scanned the papers and sent them to Sebastian's lawyer.

Jake was hurt. "Why are you being like this?"

Corey glared and tossed five different magazines at Jake. A couple slid off the table. Jake picked one up and looked at it. It was a stupid rag that Sebastian was talking about.

There were pictures of Jake and Cooper holding each other on the sea otter boat, a couple of the beach, some of them in the water goofing around, some kissing, one where they were laying on the sand holding hands.

There was the night pictures that he knew Louis took. He was kissing Cooper and he was laying on Cooper on the sand. There was a cool one where he was licking marshmallow off Cooper's fingers. He was proud of that one. Jake smiled. These were nice pictures that he hadn't seen yet.

"You are flaunting you sin in our face and now everyone on the planet knows! We are so embarrassed!" Carol was in tears. Corey refused to look at him.

Jake glared and stood up. "This wasn't about you! I love Cooper and I have since I was ten! This is who I am and I won't be shamed for it. I love a guy! We have sex all the time! I lost my virginity to Cooper and I don't regret it. I am gay and no one cares but you!"

Corey stood up and was about to punch Jake.

Sebastian stood between them. He glared at Corey. "Everyone sit until my lawyer is done." Sebastian was calm and didn't take his eyes off Corey. Jake sat and looked at the magazines. They talked about Sebastian Shaw on vacation with his friend, his nephew and his nephew's lover. Jake loved that Cooper was his lover. He wondered if that was Louis' doing.