FORTY-THREE: Flashlight Versus Gun

EPILOGUE

Cooper was tired when he walked through his door. He loved his place and it was his. He earned the money and bought it. Of course, it was next to nothing but he spent a lot of time fixing it up.

He had pictures of him and Jake framed on the walls. There was the one where Jake was licking his fingers and he called it the marshmallow picture. It was still his favorite. He thought about Jake all the time but they couldn't seem to get together.

Cooper tossed his uniform in the hamper and took a shower. He threw on some sweatpants and was ready to pass out when he heard a noise outside and grabbed his side arm. It was late. What was someone doing walking around his house?

He aimed the gun and the flashlight and walked through his small cabin. It wasn't much but it was just him. There was a person outside. "Stop right there!" Cooper growled. "I will shoot."

Jake turned. "Well, if that's how you treat family then I should go! Being shot once was plenty." He smiled.

Cooper put the gun down, dropped the flashlight and rushed Jake. "Son of a bitch! I didn't know you were back! Mom said you were coming but are you back?" He hugged his friend. He missed him.

Jake smiled and wrapped around Cooper. "I'm back." He melted into Cooper's hug. "Are you seeing anyone?" He missed touching Cooper.

Cooper shook his head. "No. You?"

"No." Jake smiled. He pulled Cooper closer and they melted together. It was like they were never apart. "I love you, Cooper."

Cooper sighed. "I love you, Jake!" Cooper backed up to look at Jake. Jake held Cooper's face and kissed him. Cooper moaned. "I missed you!"

Jake just nodded. "Let me show you how much I missed you!" Cooper let Jake drag him inside.

They left a trail of clothes through the cabin. Jake loved Cooper until the sun was out. They collapsed onto the bed and Jake pulled Cooper in his arms. He watched Cooper.

This seemed like a dream. After almost ten years, he was finally back in Cooper's bed. He was never leaving. Cooper was his home and he belonged to this man.

Jake was rubbing Cooper's arm. "I see you have been working on those muscles."

Cooper smiled. "I work out on a regular basis. I have to stay in shape for work. You look awesome! Very sexy."

Jake smiled. "I know. I have always been sexy!" He laughed with Cooper.

"And modest." Cooper smiled. "So, how was the sex, any good?"

Jake nodded. "Better than I remembered. You were always amazing in bed, Cooper. I think you got better."

Cooper nodded. "You too. It could be that I just missed you that much but that was the best sex I ever had!"

Jake agreed. "Yes, it was." He sighed. "Just don't let go yet."

Cooper shook his head. "No. I won't." He never wanted to let go. They fell asleep holding each other.

Thanks for reading and smack that cute star right in the face. I hope you truly enjoyed this story. Thanks again.