TEN: Fifty Thousand Dollars

Monday morning came. Time flew by as it tends to. Sebastian had to leave. Back to his life. He had a movie to finish. They all sat at breakfast and it was very quiet.
Cooper was going to ask. "So? When are we going to see you again?"

"If I had a choice I would just take you with me but life is in the way." He smiled but it wasn't a real one.

"I don't know. I'm sorry for all of this. If my damn brother hadn't died, none of this would have happened! We should just all blame him!" He wiped a tear.

"We are!" Ivy smiled. It wasn't real either. "Hey, maybe Thanksgiving? We can all go back to being strangers in time. Life will go on and we will get back into it. Get busy and this will all be a memory."

"Right." Sebastian didn't want that at all. "When are you moving?" Sebastian looked at the table.

"We move in a couple of weeks. I sign papers for the apartment tomorrow. Cooper, are you going to school today?" Ivy was a mom for a second.

"Yes. I'm out! I love you, Uncle Sebastian! See you later. Stay in touch with my mom, she likes you!" He hugged his uncle and was out the door.

He had school and an embarrassing make-out session to deal with. They could deal with their shit without his help.

Ivy was alone with Sebastian. "Well?"

Sebastian nodded and felt awkward. "Let's not say anything stupid. This weekend has been lovely and completely idiotic and very out of character for me."

Ivy agreed. "I really wish I could say I'm sorry but I'm not. I enjoyed being with you but I'm sorry that I was your first. You should go and find a gorgeous actress and fall in love, Sebastian." Ivy was going to miss him.

"Ivy ...none will ever compare to you. You know that right?" He wasn't moving on but he had ways of making it look like it. He would love her and only her forever.

"I know!" Ivy smiled and wiped a tear. "I hate goodbyes, so, call me?"

"I will." Sebastian smiled. He wanted to tell her he loved her but she needed to grieve. "Just don't forget to take care of yourself, Ivy. Don't get too lost in the grief and become a hollow shell. I want to see you happy by Thanksgiving, Yes?" He held her eyes with his.

"Okay. I will try." Ivy needed him to go and needed him to stay. This sucked. "Take care, Sebastian. Be a stranger." She smiled and he wiped her tears.

He started to say something but there was nothing to say. Nothing good. He kissed her softly and picked up his bag and walked out. To the airport and his life.

Ivy cleaned up breakfast and washed the dishes by hand. The next week flew by. She sold some things and put some things in storage. Things she wasn't ready to get rid of. Damien's things. She had to move on.

She threw out their mattress. She couldn't sleep on it. Ever. She made several loads to the dump and sold the bed frame. She sold a lot of their furniture and tried not to think of Sebastian and what he was doing.

She missed him. She sent some things to Kiera. She asked for them and Ivy was thrilled to get to talk to her for a minute. She thought about Sebastian all the time.

Ivy got a huge check in the mail from said actor that Friday. She was furious and called him. It was for fifty thousand dollars.

"Sebastian Shaw." He answered. He didn't look at who it was but he was guessing.

"Sebastian? What in the hell is this check about? I am not taking your money and I don't need it. I don't want it. I am tearing it up." Ivy was furious. "This is Ivy."

"Ivy. I know. How are you?" He missed her. "I missed you! What is Cooper up to? Has he kissed Jake again? I am so curious about them! You have to keep me posted because I hate being in the dark." He smiled. He couldn't help it. He missed them. Badly.

Ivy took a breath. "What?"

Sebastian smiled. "I wrote the check because I knew you would call."

"You are a jerk!"

"Well, you wouldn't have called otherwise and of course I'm a jerk! Have you met me? I miss you." He sighed.

Ivy laughed. "So bad! How are you?"

"Uh, I asked first."

"Fine. I'm miserable but I force myself to eat at least two meals a day and curse you while I do it." She took a breath.

"Cooper and Jake are friends so far. No more kisses. He is excited about moving closer to Jake and I'm thrilled that I don't have to worry about him getting some girl pregnant!" Ivy laughed.

She didn't need a baby on top things now. "I sold a bunch of stuff and put some in storage. Things I can't get rid of yet. Damien's things. The house looks even more empty."

Sebastian sighed. "Right. I'm sorry you are doing that alone."

"No. I prefer it actually. I'm fine alone. This is good for me. I need to be alone for a while. Thanks for helping me last week. Mom called and asked how the visit with you was...That was tough to answer. I told her it was fine." Ivy lied to her mother-in-law.

Sebastian laughed. "I hope it was more than fine!"

"It was fucking fantastic but I couldn't tell your mom that!" Ivy felt terrible.

"It really was. I dream about you and it's miserable!" Sebastian sighed.

"How is the film?"

"It's going really well. Despite the short break, we are actually four days ahead. I feel really good about it. I have a lot of work to do but I am so glad you called, Ivy. I really am. Maybe we can talk later tonight. I have someone waving me down. I have to go. Talk soon, Okay?"

"Yes. Tonight." Ivy sighed as she hung up.

They talked every night before she fell asleep and she needed to stop talking to him. She didn't want to.

She was sleeping on the couch in the living room until they moved. Her bed was gone and most of her dressers were gone. All of the bigger items that their new place wouldn't hold. She knew she was depressed.

She took a super pill right before she talked to Sebastian on the phone one night and ended up having phone sex. She never did that before either. She was losing her mind and that pill wasn't helping.

It was two weeks after Damien was gone, Ivy was at his grave with fresh flowers and she planted all of the planter flowers on his grave. It didn't help. This didn't help but she told him everything like she always did and felt worse. She apologized for having sex with his brother even though she wasn't sure she regretted it. 

Thanks for reading and smack that cute star right in the face.