TWENTY-THREE: One Floor Up

They were sitting in the back sorting clothes and Vera was having the best time. She loved clothes and vintage clothes were the best.

Vera liked Ivy. She was wearing a cute top from the fifties and slacks that matched. She even had a scarf wrapped around her hair to pull it back. She looked really cute.

Ivy liked Vera. She was a short woman with pretty red hair that was sleek and long. Super straight. She wore cute vintage clothes too.

They were busy and had lunch delivered. She felt bad that Vera and Sebastian were wasting their Saturday with her.

"You don't have to stay." Ivy had to give them an out.

"Are you kidding, Ivy! I am having the best time. I work in wardrobe and I know who to call when I need vintage and you have great taste!" She smiled.

Ivy smiled. "I like you, Vera! Thanks. So, how long are you guys here for?"

"I leave on Monday." Vera smiled at Sebastian.

Sebastian cleared his throat. "Well..."

"Are you leaving Monday too?" Ivy didn't want him to.

He shrugged. "I actually have an open ended ticket. I haven't decided yet. Kick me out when you want to. I am free until January."

Ivy glared. "You...what does that mean!"

Vera smiled. "I have to pee!" She was up and out of the storage room.

"I'm not..I don't want to intrude. I was thinking of getting a place around here for a while. I just...I miss you and Cooper. I'm sorry. I should stay away. I know that."

"I know what I feel for you is wrong but I keep buying plane tickets. I'm not doing anything right now. I kind of wanted to stick around here? If you were okay with that?" He stopped. He didn't know what she was thinking.

Ivy wasn't sure what she was supposed to feel. She didn't know what was right. She watched him and he looked so worried. Without being logical, she dove on him and kissed him. She knocked him over. "Really!"

Sebastian sighed. "Fuck yes! If you can stand me!"

"We can try it out. Go on an actual date. Where are you going to stay? I just think it would be too weird for us to be together!" She wasn't sure about living with him.

"Don't get mad. I already rented a place one floor above you." Sebastian flinched.

Ivy stared. "Really? When!"

Sebastian smiled. "The day that you left my house. Just in case. I really missed you and I wasn't expecting that! I think about you all the time and giving you space is killing me! I'm not trying to be clinging or weird. I just missed you." He was worried about scaring her.

Ivy sighed. "I have missed you too. All the time. I searched your name just to see a picture. I saw the red carpet event. You looked fantastic! Sexy as all hell! I should have gone but...I don't know what people will think. I know it shouldn't matter but..."

Sebastian kissed her and rolled on top. "I don't care what they think, Ivy. I only care what you think. Being an actor and directing, it's just a job. I don't care about the fame. I don't. I go to the interviews for the movie. Some of them are fun but it's all just a job. I have fans and people that hate me but I don't care about what they say or think."

"Okay. I don't know anything about your world, Sebastian." Ivy was scared. "I'm not sure I'm ready to be public. Can we keep this quiet?"

"Oh, Ivy. Absolutely! I will love you quietly!" Sebastian kissed her. This was about to get serious when Vera opened the door. 

Thanks for reading and smack that cute star right in the face.