FOURTEEN: Here Comes The Vampires

Sebastian was curled up with his woman. He never wanted to move. His phone was ringing. "What could someone want!" He growled into the phone. "What?"

Ivy heard him curse. She was up. "What?" She was worried.

"Those fuckers." Sebastian was sick of this. Hunters. He was killing someone. "I didn't want you to ever know. I'm sorry, Ivy."

"Know what? Are you married?" Ivy was getting scared and had no idea why.

"There is a group out to get some people. They call themselves The Hallowed Guard. I am expecting a call in a moment. They have Cooper. Don't panic. They want me." Sebastian was freaking out on the inside. "They found out I had a nephew."

"Someone kidnapped Cooper! I can't lose him, Sebastian!" Ivy was in tears! "We need to call the cops!"

"No. I will take care of this myself. It will be my pleasure." Sebastian smiled.

"What do we do?" Ivy was in a panic.

"You stay here!" He paused. She wasn't going to stay.

Ivy stared. "It's like you don't know me at all!"

"I know! That was why I stopped. Fine. You're about to learn a whole lot that you aren't ready for and I am so sorry!"

"Damien was the only person I told. My mother doesn't know. I have close people that I trust and they know." Sebastian stopped.

"What? What did you do to get Cooper kidnapped?" Ivy was in tears.

"I promise he's safe for now. They just want me and they will get me. All of me. I guarantee you they are not ready for that. Give me your phone. I have to call someone." He took her phone. "Emily, get Chase on the phone. We have to meet. They took my nephew."

"Is that the same Emily?" Ivy asked.

Sebastian nodded. "Chase is a trusted friend. He can help." He was talking to Ivy and turned to the phone. "Chase. I'm going. I have to but I have Ivy here and she will not stay. I need protection for her and she has no idea!"

"Is this gang related?" Ivy couldn't guess what he was into. "If they hurt my son because of you, I will castrate you!" She wasn't kidding. Killing him would be too kind.

"It's not a gang. This is tough and I wasn't going to tell you! I didn't want to." He never thought he would have to tell anyone on the outside. He was in a panic and he didn't have time right now. "I'm not human."

Ivy laughed. "I know that! Look at you!"

"No. I'm not...I'm a vampire. Like the movie but real." He watched her. He let his fangs out. "I was turned a few years ago. I had an accident and Chase helped me. I'm this. No one knows."

Ivy stared at Sebastian. He had teeth that he showed her earlier and creepy hollow eyes. She had nothing.

"I won't hurt you but we have to get dressed." He crawled out of bed and found clothes. He kept the vampire close.

Ivy was speechless. He was hot but she still had no idea. Maybe she was asleep and dreaming. Yes. It was just a real dream. She hated those but she would take one right now!

She got dressed and thought about Cooper. She just had to get him back. Ignore the vampire junk until later.

"You okay?" Sebastian was worried.

"Sure!" That was full of sarcasm. "Fuck no! Get my son back, Sebastian! I don't care about any vampires. I wish I brought those pills. I will never leave without them again!"

She was cursing herself and her bad decisions. She thought that wisdom came with age but not in her case. She hadn't learned a damn thing.

"Come on. Chase will be out front in a minute and the phone will ring. We need to be ready. Chase will keep you safe. Okay?" Sebastian sighed. He knew better.

"Clearly you are my spirit animal. Neither of us has learned a damn thing in life. Not happening. I am going to be by your side." Ivy smiled. "I only trust you, Sebastian."

"I know." He sighed. "Get your ass in gear then." He glared and she followed.

"This is the shit that happens when I try to relax!" Ivy was almost out of breath. She was having a panic attack. A small one. She tried to just breathe. "I'm breathing before you lecture me!"

Sebastian chuckled. "Chase." They were at the front door and Chase was there. He had blonde hair and sharp teeth. He was muscled too.

"Sir. Let's get going."

"Wait for the phone." It rang. "Hello," Sebastian answered. It was on speaker.

"Bring the vampire to the address I just sent you and you can have the kid." The voice was gone.

"92090 Caspis Drive Suite 112. That is the address."

"He didn't say come alone!" Chase smiled. "They are getting two for one!" They shoved Ivy into the car with them. Sebastian sat in the back with her.

"Ivy, for once, listen to me. I mean it. I can't lose you and we won't lose Cooper. I swear it. Just do what I say." Sebastian watched Ivy. She nodded.

"The kidnappers just want a vampire. They assume I am one and I don't know how they got that information." Sebastian watched Chase.

"It will be addressed later," Chase growled. Sebastian was his best friend. He wasn't letting anyone harm him.

"Agreed. Anyway..." He looked at Ivy. "A religious group called The Hallowed Guard is hunting for vampires to kill. These guys are part of that group but something feels off about this one."

"They never took hostages before. Their beliefs have led them to the wrong conclusions and there are a lot of blind followers. I will explain this later, Ivy." Sebastian was worried that she would never want to see him again.

A/N: Hey, I did the vampire thing a little different. I wanted one that lived a normal life and I wanted a cool reason vampires existed. That explanation comes later. Enjoy Darlings!

Thanks for reading and smack that cute star right in the face.