Prologue .

It was our Monday morning register/ home room period . I had my earphones in listening to a random Russ playlist when I heard shouting coming from across the room .

Isabella and a group of other girls in my class were surrounding a phone , I walked over to see what all the giggling was about
" what's going on now again ? " I asked Isabella , " it's this app called TikTok it's something similar to the old musically and we've just found such a hot boy on it "
I leaned over to look at the phone they were practically shoving into my hands .

Music starts playing when suddenly the intercom comes on :
" Can Hannah Wells and Nicole Smith please come down to the front office "
Incase you were wondering which one I am, my names Hannah .

Nicole and I walked down to the office , " he's pretty cute right ?!" She says , "yea I guess from what I saw" I shrugged the whole thing off .
He did have something about him but I wouldn't admit it to any of them .

When we arrived in the front office our principal, Mr Abrahams came out to greet us and motioned for us to follow him to his office. " I've called the two of you down here to offer one of you the opportunity of being a foreign exchange student " he says calmly . Nicole and I look at each other and back at him . "To where exactly? " I asked , "New Jersey , Passaic Valley High School to be exact " , " They are looking for well rounded students that participate in both the sports and academics spheres and you both fit the criteria perfectly " he adds . Nicole looks down "my parents would never let me leave so I think Hannah should go it's an amazing opportunity for her" I smiled Nicole's always been one of my closest and most supportive friends . " My mom shouldn't have a problem with it at all " I say " I'll check with her this evening. Do you have more information for me to give her however ?" He hands me a package with a few documents in it to give to my mom .
" this should be everything you need please return it to the office by Friday with all the necessary documents added in aswell " he says . I nod and smile as we leave.

I love the sound of this but I can't help but be nervous at the idea of having to go to a completely new school and having to make new friends .

Later that evening my mom and I sat down to read all the documents and basically it said that I'd be starting there in September which was the beginning of their school year and almost the end of ours , I live in Cape Town , South Africa btw . I'd be there for a year and I'd be staying with a host family The Polibio's . This was 2 weeks away . 2 weeks till I'd be on the other side of the world.