Have you ever been in love ?

I was tossed and turned whole night and I could hear Mattia wasn't asleep either when he said " Hannah ? " , " yea ?" . " I'm sorry about earlier , I genuinely don't know what made me trip on you like that " he said ." It's okay " I replied quietly. I wasn't mad at him, just really confused .

We both laid facing the ceiling for a while ,
" have you ever been inlove ?" He asked abruptly . I was a bit thrown off by the question and rolled over to look at him , " no , no I haven't " I responded. He continued looking at the ceiling " well do you believe in it ?" He pushed, " I guess" I sighed " I've never had the feeling in order to know if I do or if I don't , I've never even dated anyone before ." I added . This caused him to roll over and he looked at me in shock and confusion . "How , Have you seen yourself ?" he asked , I rolled onto my back and blushed so he couldn't see . I laughed . "A lot of boys back home don't think like that " I said which was followed by some silence .

"Okay so if you were to find a relationship what would you look for ? Like in a guy and in a relationship? " he asked now fully looking at me . "I don't know .." I answered honestly, " he should be tall" I said but before he could comment I turned and said " boys back home aren't tall so just chill" but he already had a weird smirk on his face .
" anyway as I was saying " I rolled my eyes " tall , kind , funny , caring ya know the basic things but he has to treat me like I'm different , I'm not good at expressing my feelings through words so he'll have to deal with that and as for the relationship, it just need to be genuine with honesty and trust " I heard him flinch at the word honesty but decided not to ask anything .

"what about you " I turned the question on him . " I mean I'd love for her to be Italian but I might need to move back there to get that right " he laughed . "She should be into sports cause I am or at least not mind them and short girls and myself don't really work out well so average to tall would be great , when it comes to the relationship I'd want her to be cool with my boys cause they're like family and obviously cool with my actual family , she shouldn't try too hard or be too extra she should just be herself and down to earth , and lastly like you said honesty and trust plays a huge part in any relationship ." He said .

This deep conversation continued for a while we touched on love languages and a bunch of other topics, it was really nice for once I felt like he was really opening up to me . "Can you love or rather like two people at the same time" he asked hesitantly when suddenly the door opened and Camila came in , "I'm sorry to interrupt but it's an early morning tomorrow guys and you should get some sleep " she said and closed the door on her way out

The question stung honestly but I have no idea why , I rolled over and faced the wall "No I don't , because if you really liked the first person and cared about them you wouldn't have fallen for the second one " I said . He stayed silent for a while and then said "Goodnight Hannah sleep well" , "night Mattia ." I said

Mattia's POV

A few of her answers honestly threw me off but others gave me hope that she might feel the same way . What are you even thinking there's no way she likes you , you're just digging yourself a bigger hole , either way I have some major drama coming my way starting tomorrow , but I know what I need to do and it's not going to be pretty . I felt my eyes get heavy at the thought and soon enough I fell asleep .