Goodbye ..

authors note
listen to this while you read this chapter

The day was finally here and lord was I dreading it . Today is the day I flew back home . I slept in Mattia's room last night . Mostly because it would be the last time I'd be able to for a while .

"Here you can keep this one " he said handing me his PVHS soccer hoodie that said "polibio" on the back . I put it on over the strap top I had on .

We loaded all my bags into the car and got ready to leave . Mattia and I sat and the back while Camila and Luca were in front . I layed across the back seat with my head on Mattia's lap . I don't say much , mostly because I didn't know what to honestly say .

We arrived at the airport , I sat up when suddenly I felt around my neck . Shit , I forgot my necklace at home . I burst into tears , "woah woah what's wrong baby " Mattia asked , "my necklace is at home , the one you gave me " I could feel the panic rising in me . How could I be so stupid to forget it . "Don't worry amor we'll go back and get it while you two  meet your friends for breakfast " said Luca , I gave him a thankful look.

Mattia helped me with my bags and I went to check in . We then met up with everyone for breakfast. I shared som flapjacks with Mattia but I barely took a bite , I couldn't eat I was too worried about my necklace and too sad ultimately . Mattia has been tense whole morning aswell , he doesn't like the fact that he can't fix what's wrong and that he can't make me feel better .

We all finished up eating and the proceeded towards the gate I'd be leaving through .. now for the part I'd been dreading , the goodbyes .

First up was Vic , she embraced me into a hug " I love you so much Vic " I said , " I love you more , just promise me you'll come back because I don't know How I'm going to live without my best friend " , "I promise " I pulled back. Tears already falling from her eyes .

Next was Aria , as I turned to face her she burst into tears , I pulled her into a hug . "Thank you for everything , for being my friend and helping me through everything and genuinely being there for me , thank you for introducing me to Kairi . Thank you for being my best friend " she said . "I'm going to miss you so much Ari " I said

Then it was Alejandro, he picked me up and spun me around in a hug causing me to laugh , "thank you for everything Ale , you honestly became my big brother and I'm so thankful for you " , "it's never a problem , I'm always here for you even if it's half way across the world . I'm going to miss you so much " " I'm going to miss you too Ale " we hugged again .

Kairi stood awkwardly next , he didn't deal with emotions very well , "fuck I'm going to miss your dumbass so much " he said as a tear rolled down his face , "I'm going to miss you so much more shorty " I said hugging him hiding my face in his neck . "You better FaceTime me everyday day " I said and he nodded .

Roshaun and Alvaro both hugged me at the same time " you better come to Florida to see us aswell " said Roshaun and I nodded .

Just then Camila and Luca walked over handing me my necklace that I immediately put on . "Thank you , for everything , for going above and beyond for me , for  opening your house and family up to me , for treating and loving me like your own child , I could honestly never thank you enough " I said as they both hugged me . "Thank you for everything you've done for us and our son " said Luca , Camila was a complete mess crying more than everyone , "I'm going to miss having another  woman in the house " she joked trying to lighten the mood and she kissed my cheeks .

Then I turned to say goodbye to the last person left. He was leaning against a pillar watching everything go down . I stood and looked at him tears pooled at his eyes and I could feel the same happening to me . I broke down .. I ran into his chest and balled my eyes out , "I don't wanna say goodbye " I sobbed into his chest . He lifted my chin to look up at him , his eyes were bloodshot as he was trying to hold back his tears . "I love you so much Hannah " , " I love you more Mattia " he leaned down and kissed me . 

After the kiss , tears still running down my face I hugged him again taking in everything from that moment . His scent , his touch , the way he looked at me even the way he hugged me everything I'd miss so much . 

They announced that my flight was starting to board. I pulled out of the hug and he wiped my face . I turned to all of them and waved goodbye before walking to the gates , I turned around one and blew Mattia a kiss when I got to the gate which he caught and put in his pocket .

I walked on and turned around at the last window and saw him crouched on the floor shaking from how much he was crying while The boys tried to console him. My heart shattered .

I found my seat , never in a million years did I ever think that this is how my year in New Jersey would end .

***

I know what you're wondering , what happens now ? Do they end up together ? Does she move to New Jersey ? Does he move to Africa ?

Well I'm here to tell you , When I got back to South Africa I basically graduated because the American schooling system was slightly more advance so I technically finished two years in one .

My plan is to study in New York with Mattia starting in the fall next year but I'll be heading up in June so that I can see Mattia graduate. We've got an apartment and everything, not to mention his parents house if we ever wanted to visit Jersey since it wasn't that far.

*phone rings *
It was a FaceTime from Mattia

"Hello baby "

"Hi amor " he said

"What's up ?"

"Listen baby , I'm not going to be able to come visit  For Christmas " he said and my heart sank

"Why not " I practically pouted

"It's snowing so badly here in jersey so we might just have to wait until June to see each other "

" it looks pretty sunny where you are right now though " I said trying to see the background

*doorbell rings *

"Babe just hold on there's someone at the door I think my mom forgot her keys I'll call you back "

I hung up the call

I went down the stairs and opened the front door .

My eyes widened and I let out a screech jumping into his arms "what are you doing here " I yelled , "did you really think I'd survive till June without seeing you ?" He said putting me down and kissing me . "Best Christmas present ever "

Authors note

Aaannndddd were done .

Thank you all so freaking much for all the love , support, vote , comments and the occasional death threat 😹😹

I'm so thankful for all of y'all and everything this book has become .

I will be writing a new book , but I'll update this one with more information when I pull it together .

Again thank you all for everything I love y'all so much

- Hannah 💋