Jersey.

I was on my way to the Airport with basically my entire life packed up considering how long I'd be there . I boarded the plane and prepared myself for the nearly 16 hour flight after we got to Johannesburg airport which was basically our only stop . I mainly watched Netflix and scrolled through Instagram for the first few hours of the flight before falling asleep. Thankfully, it was a nicely timed flight so I wouldn't end up being too jet lagged after I arrived considering they were nearly 7 hours behind South Africa .

The flight attendant woke me up and said we'd be landing soon. I checked my phone " 12:00 pm" it read, meaning it was about 5 am in jersey right now . I made a mental note to adjust my phones time later on . I got off the plane and sent my mom a message saying I had just arrived.

I got all my bags and walked towards the exit when the thought dawned on me that I actually have no idea what my host family looks like. Great. My social anxiety suddenly shot up to level 200.

I took a deep breath and walk out of the doors and I saw a sign that read " Hannah Wells " thankfully they were smart enough to bring a sign. I sighed and smile in their direction.
"Hi there sweetheart , my name is Camila, this is my husband Luca and our youngest son Gianluca" she greeted. " it's a pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Polibio " I hugged them and I gave Gianluca a smile, which he returned.

We loaded all my bags into the back of the car and drove off . It seemed like a really nice area not going to lie and I was still nervous for some unknown reason .

During the car ride to the house Camila was going on about how she had a son my age that attended the same school I would be going to and that's how she ended up being a host mom . " You guys are gonna be sharing a room however, just momentarily until the renovations are complete on the guest room , but don't worry we put in a extra bed " she giggled and winked at me , I held back my laugh poorly, this lady was lowkey trying to set me up with her son . I smiled at the thought and then cleared my head . I'm here for school not boys I reminded myself .

When we got to the house, Luca went inside to call his other son to come help me with my bags . I was busy trying to get my one suitcase out of the back of the car when I heard someone walking towards me . Holy shit . He was crazy tall like 6ft. Y'all mind you, I'm only 5'5ft . Shaggy hair , a beauty spot on his face . Oh his face, he has such a beautiful face . Suddenly I heard laughing " you're staring you know ." He said with a smirk . I snapped out of my hormone induced daydream . " hi I'm Hannah ." I said playing it off " Mattia " " your accent is kinda weird " he said . " likewise " I said laughing .
He helped me with my bags and carried them down to the basement which was his room, well the room we'd be sharing . I thanked him and sat on the bed to message my mom it was about 7 am in jersey .
I had a good feeling now , a fresh new experience and a really hot roommate that looked oddly familiar, I just couldn't quite figure out where or how I knew him .

I spent the rest of the night unpacking while Mattia played fifa. I messaged Nicole back home and told her how everything was going as well as about the new boy but I never mentioned his name. She kept asking for pictures but i told her I'd send one eventually. We barely spoke until we both got into bed. " School starts in about a week, so you still have some time to settle in " he said calmly while scrolling on his phone . " that's really great actually ". I replied . My eyes were getting super heavy and I eventually passed out while scrolling through Instagram. My mind still lingering on how I possibly could know him .

Authors note
Hi guys , i did try to proof read and edit as much as possible but if you stumble upon anything just let me know ❤️
Thank you for reading
- 💋