CH 23

HAPPY READING

Looking for help

Lisa had heard about Jungkook's family at the last gathering for Kyulkung. That time, she had heard that his father was the Deputy Dean of the hospital.

Just now she was not bothered but now as she stood up, she tried to swallow her bread. She also secretly peeked at the elderly man to study him clearly. Jungkook Father really had a dignified appearance of a Deputy Dean with thick eyebrows, thin lips, and a square chin.

He looked at her for a moment and only nodded his head slightly. He did not display any major reaction. However, Lisa felt panic-stricken as she has always been fearful of her elders. After she tried to swallow the bread, she quickly greeted him. "Uncle....."

Wrong. She is not familiar with him. Calling him as uncle is a bit too casual. Is greeting him as Deputy Dean alright? What if she remembered wrongly?

She was again tongue-tied. She breathed heavily and finally, she said. "How are you, Dr. Jeon?"

Yes. Regardless of whatever title he has, greeting him as a doctor is definitely correct.

The two doctors, one old and one young, both did not show any major reaction. After she had greeted him, both men turned away and talked to each other again. Later, after they had spoken a few words, the old Dr. Jeon left and the young Dr. Jeon walked back to her.

Lisa fiercely patted her chest and drank a few sips of water. Finally, she was able to swallow the bread and her breathing was normal again.

"That.....that's your dad?"

"Correct."

"Dean of the hospital?"

"Deputy."

Lisa took a deep breath and still had not got over her shock. "You don't have to introduce high-status people like your dad to me."

"Do you think I wanted to introduce you to him? He asked me who you were. If I try to hide, he will surely think you are really someone significant. So it is better to state this clearly, don't you think so?"

"Oh." Who is she? She is really someone insignificant. He is right. It is definitely better to state clearly.

"Why do you feel so guilty?" He asked.

"No. No." She waved her hand. "I have an Elder phobia. I have always been afraid of meeting the elders."

"Elder phobia?" Jungkook laughed. "Your problems are really extraordinary."

Lisa scowled, finally could not stop herself and said. "Dr. Jeon, why can't you talk using proper words?"

"What is wrong with my words?"

"Your irony makes me uncomfortable."

"Just don't think too much."

"It's just that the way you speak is terrible. Dr. Jeon, this is your weak point. Not only are your words unpleasant and also your temper is bad. Are you not planning to change?"

"Who shall I change for?"

Lisa was surprised. Is this guy really an idiot? Who else should he change for? Isn't this for his own good? Changes will improve his interpersonal relationships and put himself a level higher. Isn't that good enough?