ειgнтεεη | нε ηεε∂s үσυ

Knock knock

"Come in," Jeongguk announced, heavily situated with paperwork. He didn't bother acknowledging whoever it was when he heard the office door creak open.

"Ggukie?"

The CEO stopped his movement and looked up. There Jungkook was, peeking his head through the doors so you could only see his head.

"Jungkook..." the twin whispered.

"May I come in?"

"Of course." Jeongguk quickly made the papers disappear like magic, giving his full attention to Jungkook.

The younger slowly entered the room, almost as if he was unsure. After all, it had been a couple of weeks since anyone from BTS had heard from — let alone seen — him. The only way anyone knew how he was doing was through Jimin, but even then, Jimin was reluctant to give details.

Jungkook was visibly worn out. He had bags under his eyes, his hair a mess, and he looked like he hadn't changed his clothes. He also looked a little skinnier than before, something Jeongguk will have to have a talk with Jimin about.

After shutting the door, he gradually made his way in front of Jeongguk, stopping in front of his desk. He refused to sit down.

Jeongguk waited patiently for his brother to say something, not quite sure what to expect. When he did speak, it was softer than a whisper.

"I'm sorry."

Jeongguk tilted his head. "What?"

"I'm sorry," Jungkook whispered louder.

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Yes, I do," Jungkook countered. "If I would've never gone out with Johnny then none of this would've happened."

"Jungko—"

"No, Ggukie!" Jungkook yelled, shocking his brother. The younger rarely raised his voice. "You told me the moment you met him that you didn't like him and I ignored you. I always do..."

The CEO could tell his twin was struggling to hold in the waterworks. He rose from his seat and walked around the edge of the desk.

As soon as he was in front of the younger, Jeongguk opened up his arms. That was invitation enough for Jungkook to leap forward and latch onto him. Jungkook's arms wrapped around the tatted neck, squeezing.

"I'm s-sorry!" He sobbed into his neck, tears soaking Jeongguk's suit. "I'm such an i-idiot. I always fall for t-the worst guys. No one ever likes me for m-me. They always want s-something from me."

Jeongguk remained silent, letting his brother vent out his feelings he's probably had bottled up for some time. He softly caressed his back, rubbing up and down, and let him get it out of his system.

It seemed like the right choice because, after about 10 minutes, the hysterics seem to die down. Only the occasional sniff and remnants of tears left.

"Are you feeling better?" The CEO asked. Jungkook slowly detached himself, unhooking his arms from around his twin's neck, and stepped back, nodding. "C'mon."

Jeongguk sat his twin down on the couch. He dragged a chair from his desk, parking it in front of Jungkook, and sat down in front of him.

"Kookie, listen to me. Absolutely none of this is your fault. None of it. It's that asshole Johnny's fault," Jeongguk stressed, then his gaze softened, guiltily. "And it's my fault too."

Jungkook furrowed his brows, clearly confused. "What?"

"I should've known Johnny was working with that fucker Jaehyun," Jeongguk hissed.