тωεηтү σηε | ιη үσυя αяεα

A blaring ringtone woke Jeongguk and Taehyung from their peaceful slumber.

Taehyung groaned, cuddling closer to the CEO.

Jeongguk reached down, pulled his phone from his pocket, and raised it to his ear, wrapping his vacant arm around the blonde.

"Hello," Jeongguk answered groggily.

"Gguk, where the hell are you?" Hoseok rushed out, seeming out of breath. Jeongguk could hear the phone being moved around, random swishes of air passing by the mouthpiece.

"Singularity."

The brief silence was to be expected. He didn't exactly have time to catch them up to date.

"Gguk, we've got a situation," Yoongi finally spoke.

"What?" Jeongguk roused, finally starting to wake up.

"We got hit, Sector 6," Hoseok informed.

"What?" Jeongguk snapped, abruptly rising up. Taehyung tumbled off his chest, landing on the pillow with a soft thud. "Who the fuck was it?"

"NCT, we got confirmation."

"I'll be there in 20." With that, he hung up, kicking the covers off and hopping out of bed.

"You're leaving?" Taehyung's sleepy voice asked, his eyes fluttering, attempting to stay awake, but clearly still exhausted.

"I've got work," Jeongguk replied, glancing down at Taehyung. He could see the disappointment on the older's face, no doubt at the reality of being alone again.

Jeongguk took a glance around the room before making his way to the desk in the corner of the room. He ripped off a sticky note after writing something down and made his way back to Taehyung, pulling the duvet down enough to show his puffy face.

"Here," Jeongguk said, handing the blonde the sticky note.

"What's this?" Taehyung mumbled, taking the sticky piece of pink paper and studying it.

"Your ticket off the shit list," Jeongguk smirked. Taehyung face scrunched up, confused.

Jeongguk then leaned down until he was hovering over the blonde, arms on either side of his head.

Taehyung's eyes fluttered up, staring into the CEO's eyes, lost in the penetrating gaze. He wasn't sure where they stood after yesterday; he was too afraid to ask. The moment was so sweet — so intimate.

He really didn't want to risk fucking up anymore, but Taehyung decided to try his luck.

He hesitantly lifted his head off the pillow, leaning up, and softly pecked Jeongguk's lips before biting down on his own, actions somewhat timid — fearful he might've crossed the line.

Sure they've fucked before — a lot — but this was different.

The CEO was momentarily dazed, the shy gesture catching him off guard, but smiled nevertheless. A smile that relieved Taehyung's perturbed thoughts.

Jeongguk leaned down and planted another kiss on the boy's lips, this one firm, confident, and reassuring. One that Taehyung easily melted into, eyes locking shut as he turned to putty.

Before Taehyung could wrap his arms around the man, Jeongguk was pulling back.

Jeongguk could only chuckle at the disappointment on the blonde's face, swiftly kissing the pout away.

"Come find me after," Jeongguk whispered, referring to the note.

After a nod from Taehyung, and another peck — or 50 — Jeongguk was out the door, leaving the blonde to stare down at the address.