Chapter 8 (Fri, Dec 8, 2017)

I was nearly crying when I called Ashley. It seemed to me as if it was taking years until she finally answered the call.

"Hello, who's this?" Was I wrong or had her voice really an angry tone?

"I-it's Victoria. I-"

"Oh my god, Victoria!!! I was worried sick, are you okay???", she exclaimed.

"I'm okay. I-I just... forgot to call you and-"

"You forgot me? Now you hurt my feelings!"

I swallowed hard. I had known that this would happen. My sight became blurry when my eyes started watering.

"I-I'm truly sorry. I understand if... you don't want to be friends with... with me anymore", I whispered, shaky breaths interrupting my words.

"Are you crying?", she asked alarmed. "You took that serious, right? I'm sorry, it was a dumb joke!"

"You didn't mean that?", I asked her, hiccuping.

"No, oh god no, and I still want to be your friend. Please forgive me for making such an insensitive joke."

"I forgive you of course."

"Did you never had friends before who would crack jokes with you?"

"No."

"Oh." She seemed shocked.

Suddenly my stomach reminded me loudly that it was also existing, causing both me and Ashley to laugh.

"What was this? Do you have a hungry lion with you?", she asked jokingly.

"Hungry yes, lion no. It was my stomach", I answered, still smiling.

"Then go and eat, child!"

"Yes ma'am!"

We ended the call after saying goodbye and wishing each other a good weekend. I remembered to finally look at the chat with John, but there were no new messages. He was a famous artist, so he maybe was very occupied with work.

Me:
Thank you for the advice! I actually talked to the girl, who constantly approached me and now we're kinda like friends! She's my first friend in my whole life!

I realized that I had only a few minutes left before I had to call my mother, so I ate only half of my Bibimbap. Then I sat on the couch and clicked at the saved contact number.

"Yes." Her voice was strict and cold as always. My body warmth immediately drained and I shivered.

"It's me, Victoria."

"I know. Your grades."

"Hundred percent in both exams."

"Go study again." With that she ended the call.

I breathed in relief. This time she had almost been nice, compared to the calls before. Maybe there had been many surgeries today and she had been able to relieve her anger while slicing faces, breasts and other body parts.

I saw that John had sent me a message.

John:
I'm happy for you! Even though I thought you and I were friends... 😢

Me:
I'm sorry, I'm not experienced with having friends, so yes... I think you were my first friend then.

Can we continue our question game while I eat my Bibimbap?

John:
Yes, I'm your first friend!!!

Also, yes we can continue, but I thought you already had Bibimbap yesterday...?

Me:
Yes, I did! But I cooked to much on purpose, so that I can warm it up today.

So..... What's your favorite material? I mean it like for example stone, metal, fabric...

John:
Wood!!! I love wood!!! Most of my studio is out of wood, like for example desks and shelves. It transmits a, I don't know, calming and warming aura? And I'm very respectful of the age. And it was once also a living creature, therefore it deserves to be treated with dignity.

Me:
I love wood too. But I also love textiles because there are so many different ways to use it and also multiple possibilities of coloring and manufacturing.

John:
It's not such a deep question, but how do you look like? I'm actually very curious about it. Just basic information.

If you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to. But I'll describe my appearance to you too.

Me:
I'm a very small person, 156cm. My maroon colored hair with slight curls reaches my waist. My eyes are green and I have freckles. I never wear make-up, therefore I don't look often in the mirror. That's why my description is only basic and not up to date.

John:
I look (unsurprisingly) Asian. My body has a height of 181cm and I'm very slim. My hair is naturally dark brown, but currently it is colored reddish orange, the orange is slowly growing out though. My eyes are black.

Me:
ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY ONE CENTIMETERS?! B-But how? My head will collide with the sun if I grow that tall--

If we could meet, I would look like an ant next to you!!!

John:
You know that I love cute small things, right? Like crabs?

I think I would just stare at you all the time because you would be too cute!!!

When I read this message, I felt warmth spreading in my face, mostly my cheeks and my heart suddenly increased its beating frequency. Perplexed I laid my hand on the pulsing spot. Was I getting sick? I mean, I was not feeling well today... Maybe I had caught a cold or had gotten the flu or something.

____

Finally you know how I imagine Victoria. If you don't like her looks, please bear with it. It's not a x reader fanfic, it's my own imagination.

Thank you for reading this chapter, I purple you!!!<3 Please stay safe and take care of your health!