Chapter 12 (Thu, Dec 14 - Fri, Dez 15, 2017)

Thursday passed by quickly. It had snowed and everything was white when I went to university, where I met Ashley. Luckily, Samantha wasn't with her and Ashley told me, she was sick. I wasn't sad because the girl gave me chills the day before. I would be happy to never see her face again, she creeped me out. I still didn't know, why I was so alarmed by her. Maybe my inexperience with people was the reason?

The other students fortunately didn't give me stares anymore, their curiosity about my sudden friendship with Ashley had lessened quickly.

The lessons were just a blur of information I already knew and Ashley asking me sometimes if her thoughts to this and that were right.

When I got to the apartment, I texted John a bit, but he was very occupied with work and we had to end the chat soon. Therefore I had plenty of time, which I spent with learning.

When I finally went to bed, I thought of the next day, which was Friday. I would go to a party tomorrow. Maybe I would get to know more people and gain a few friends? But why was there this odd feeling in the pit of my stomach?

After waking up on Friday, I looked on my phone. There wasn't a new message of John.

I sighed. I should not disturb him while working, but I kinda felt empty without texting him and it wasn't usual for me not to see a new text from him. What should I do? I grew attached to texting him every day and sharing my day with him.

Me:

I hope you are feeling well. Please don't overwork yourself.

I laid my phone on the bed and took a shower, then I filled my empty stomach with healthy food. Before leaving the apartment, I again looked at the phone screen, if maybe he texted in the meantime. But he didn't.

I locked the door and walked to the subway, carefully avoiding frozen puddles. The snow of the day before had melted in the evening and over night the water left on the street froze.

I almost fell a few times but luckily I reached the station and got inside of the warm train. There was no feeling in my hands and even in my feet, although they felt heavy with the winter boots and fuzzy socks I wore. I rubbed my hands against each other in the attempt to warm them, but it didn't really work. I only got the stinging sensation you get when you are outside and your skin is cold and then come into warmth.

I felt someone looking at me. When I turned my head, my eyes met the eyes of an elderly woman, looking kindly at me with dull eyes. Her features seemed familiar and I recalled my memory. Suddenly, I remembered her. It was the lady, who helped me that day when I was not feeling well. Back then, I had to grab her elbow to prevent myself from falling. I shyly smiled at her, which she returned, seemingly happy that I recognized her.

Finally the train reached the station where I had to get out. I escaped the bad-smelling interior and turned around to shoot one last glance at the nice lady. She waved at me and I waved back, then the train continued its way.

A few meters away from me stood Ashley with Samantha next to her, who were talking to each other. Ashley noticed me first.

"Hi, Victoria! Come, we walk to the campus!", she exclaimed happily.

Samantha just looked at me. And the alarm in my head again went off, screaming repeatedly 'DANGER! DANGER!' Something was really strange about the girl.

Arriving at the campus, Samantha left us wordlessly, only nodding shortly at Ashley, when Ashley said goodbye to her. We both looked at her, while she made her way through the other students.

"Mhm.", Ashley made thoughtfully in an undertone of worry.

I didn't know what to say.

"She will become more nice to you eventually, when she gets to know you better.", Ashley told me. "Don't worry."

I simply nodded my head.

While we were walking, Ashley asked me: "Today is your first party ever! Are you already excited?"

"I don't know. I don't know what I should expect." And I still had an uneasy feeling, but I didn't want to cause concern to Ashley.

"Aw, it will be fine. Did you already pick an outfit?"

I looked at her startled with furrowed eyebrows. "I didn't know I had to come in a special outfit! What am I going to wear? I don't think my wardrobe contains the adequate clothing for this!"

"Don't panic, it's okay!", she tried to calm me down. "I can come over to your home later if you give me the address. I'll bring you something that you can lend from me."

I felt relieved. "But not before 6 PM, I have things to do until then."

She didn't have to know of my mother and the obligatory phone call. I also was a little bit scared to let her into my apartment, even though it was very impersonal. But she felt like a kind person and I enjoyed her presence. It wouldn't bring damage to me if I let her in.

________

894 words

Wow, I had such a bad day at work today! But I'm better now. I hope you all had a great day! Thank you for reading this, it really means a lot to me. I purple you with all my heart!!! <3