Chapter 20 (Sat, Dec 23 - Sun, Dec 24, 2017)

I stood motionlessly at the same place in the park for a while, thinking of what the lady said. Should I really ask Ashley about what happened?

Suddenly, a bird flew near my head and I snapped out of my thoughts. I realized that I had stood there for a very long time. My whole body felt frozen and there was no feeling in my arms and legs. Slowly I walked to the apartment to warm my body there.

When I was there, I made a cup of tea and turned the heating on with the highest level. Then, I sat on the couch and took the phone out of my pocket, happy to see notifications popping up.

John:
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve! What will you do that day?

Me:
Not much, I think. There's nothing I could do because there is no family or friends nearby who will celebrate Christmas with me. My mother thinks that Christmas is unnecessary and I have no friends apart from you.

John:
I'm sorry that you are this lonely. I wish I could come to you on Christmas, but I have schedule during these days.

Me:
I would also like to meet you, but I understand that it isn't possible. Don't worry, I can care for myself, I'll be fine.

John:
It's still sad. Is it okay if I'll call you and we both talk on Christmas Eve?

Me:
It's not as if we don't call each other each day already, lol.

John:
BUT I KNOW THAT YOU'RE ENJOYING IT!!!

Me:
Okay, yes. You're right :)

The couch was so comfortable, that I didn't notice how my eyelids began to slowly close themselves.

The next time I opened my eyes, it was Sunday morning. The weak sunlight came in through the window and painted bright patterns of sparkles at the walls and the ground of the living room. I sat there for a few minutes, blinking repeatedly to get rid of the sleepiness. I could hear a few birds singing and listened to the chirping. The peaceful atmosphere was worthy to stay in a few more minutes.

Suddenly the notification went off, startling me. I stood up sleepily, swaying a bit, before I was able to stable myself. I unlocked the phone to see that John called a few times and wrote a few messages the evening before.

John:
Viola, why are you not picking up the call?

Should I worry? Did something happen to you?

Please answer, Viola!

I don't know what I should do. Should I call the police?

I panicked. He was worrying about me and even considered calling the police! But I only fell asleep! The last message was texted a quarter-hour ago. I quickly texted him back.

Me:
Hey John, I'm fine, I just fell asleep on the couch and slept just until now! Don't worry!

His response came immediately.

John:
OH VIOLA, I WORRIED SO MUCH!!! I'M GLAD THAT YOU ARE FINE!!!

Me:
I'm sorry for worrying you.

John:
It's okay, don't worry!

Me:
What did you do today?

John:
Me and the other members prepared for TV programs we'll have tomorrow. On Christmas there are always special shows, in which the idols can interact with fans and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

It maybe sounds hard to have schedules even on christmas, but I always enjoy the time with our fans. And after the schedules, we celebrate christmas at home, in our apartment. It's always funny to receive their gifts, because some are serious gifts and some are not. For example one years ago, in 2016, I received wet tissues together with beef jerky and squid from Jin-hyung, because he saw me enjoying beef jerky and squid, but did also notice that I drop everything. With the wet tissues I can clean it.

Me:
How did you react to his gift?

John:
I asked why anyone would gift me something like this and Jin-hyung was very offended. He lectured me that I should be grateful, and while doing so, he spitted the words out of his mouth so fast that it seemed as if he was rapping. 😂

But in the end we all got a huge laugh flash and everything was okay again.

Me:
Wait, I just noticed, isn't it already 1 AM in Korea? Go to bed! You have a tight schedule tomorrow!
Good night!

John:
Okay, ma'am! I go to bed!

I locked the phone and walked to my room to get dressed. After I dressed in a comfortable warm jeans and a christmas pullover, I went to the kitchen to make a late breakfast. I made myself a cup of tea and sat down on the couch with the christmas cookies. I watched the snowflakes out of the window falling. 

The rest of the day I was just painting winter sceneries and listening to music.

In the evening, John texted me, saying that he woke up just now and couldn't call or text me, because the schedule was very tight and he had no time because of the TV shows, interviews, and live broadcasts. I told him that it was okay and that he should not worry about it.

___

866 words

Thank you for reading this chapter! It's already Chapter 20 and there are still a lot more chapters to go!

Please enjoy the rest of the year, soon 2020 will start. And we all will have New Year's resolutions, but in the end it won't work out. So try to fulfill some of them already before the next year starts.

I already posted this on my account, but here are some links to BTS Christmas songs I found:

Christmas Day by JIMIN, JUNGKOOK of BTS- https://soundcloud.com/bangtan/christmas-day-by-jimin-jungkook-of-bts?in=bangtan/sets/christmas

흔한 연습생의 크리스마스- https://soundcloud.com/bangtan/full-version?in=bangtan/sets/christmas

흔한 아이돌의 크리스마스- https://soundcloud.com/bangtan/z5qlfcdqitpc?in=bangtan/sets/christmas

조권, 임정희, 주희, 랩몬스터, 정국 Perfect Christmas - Special Sketch- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR0kpleAD4A

Awake (christmas ver) by Jin of BTS- https://soundcloud.com/bangtan/161204jinawake

JUNGKOOK - Oh Holy Night (not the original, but I wasn't able to find it)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgvOnvGo3Y

Taehyung's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas + Jimin mocking him (also not the original)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-iSzIyFZsc

Enjoy the music! I purple you all!!!💜