Chapter 42 (Fri, Apr 27, 2018)

The following days Namjoon, or rather Joonie, was very quiet. He would occasionally talk to me, but it was only unimportant stuff, like for example asking me to give him a water bottle. I couldn't help but worry. Had I offended him in any way?

The other members also asked me about it, but all I could do was shrugging my shoulders cluelessly. Every night I slept on the couch, secretly missing the feeling of the first night when I woke up in the dorm in his hug. 

The days always were the same. We woke up early, went to the company and I watched them during the dance practice. I sometimes met Seunghee and other staff I became friends with and visited the studios of Yoongi, Jungkook and Hoseok. I still hadn't visited Joonie's studio 'Rkive", thanks to him staying away from me and isolating himself.

I finally also had blocked the number of my mother and unblocked all of the numbers of the members and Ashley, resulting in me receiving those messages of them during the time, when Namjoon had been so down because of me. It was shocking and I felt very bad. The feeling that everything was my fault once again brought me down and I tensed up more and more. It caused me to stay awake during the nights, because I was not able to sleep and I always had one member around me that would not so discreetly check on my well-being.

On Friday night, shortly after midnight, I was finally at a point where I knew that I would become crazy if I would not talk to Joonie. Even if I had tried for hours, I was able to sleep, squirming on the couch for what felt like years. 

My bare feet made a slapping noise on the floor, when I sleepily toddled to Joonie's room. I was surprised at the light, that was coming out of the door crack. Why was he up at this time? He should be sleeping right now!

I knocked at the door as quiet as possible to prevent the other members waking up.

"Who is there? Come in!", Namjoon whisper-shouted in a surprised manner.

I slowly opened the door, suddenly all my firmness had left again. Without looking at Joonie, I closed the door behind my back.

"Oh, it's you?"

I was not able to interpret his tone of voice, hence quite insecure I approached him.

I heard him sigh and looked up to see if his face was showing any signs of anger or annoyance. But he just looked tired. He was sitting in a chair in front of a desk, the PC having a black screen, but I was able to hear the sound that showed it was on.

"Viola, are you not able to sleep? Me neither.", he told me and ran his fingers through his hair. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before continuing with an insecure voice. "Please don't hate me or something. I don't know how you will react, but I want you to know that I just wanted to help."

Curiously but also a bit afraid I approached him, standing now directly next to him. He moved the mouse and the screen brightened up, revealing an online article of an american newspaper. First, my brain had to adjust, because I was not used to the english language anymore, but then I was able to read.

+++BREAKING NEWS: SURGEON GOING TO JAIL FOR ABUSE+++

According to the Miami Police Department on Saturday, the 21st April, video footage of Dr. Dr. Emily White showing abusive behavior towards her daughter was anonymously sent to the police. Dr. Dr. Emily White had been a famous plastic surgeon for more than ten years in the Plastic Surgery Center of Miami, being acknowledged because of her determination in the profession and her knowledge.
Allegedly the videos showed White both physically and verbally abusing her only child, further informations were withhold by the police. Apparently that wasn't the only crime she committed. After researching, the police also found out that White evaded paying taxes.
Dr. Dr. Emily White had been sentenced to forty years in jail and was prescribed by the court to psychotherapy. She was also banned from the Plastic Surgery Center of Miami and from every profession in the medical sector.

It was quiet in the room. Joonie was fidgeting on the chair, anxiously waiting for my reaction, while I was like paralyzed. Had it really been so easy to bring her into jail? To stop her in her actions?

I turned my head to Namjoon. "And you did all of this? But... How?"

He seemed to be relieved that I didn't show anger towards him and quickly explained. "In the night when I came to your home in Boston-"

"Please call it apartment. It was never my home.", I interrupted him.

"Okay. Your apartment. But when I was there and we talked, I asked you about the cameras and if there was a control room, do you remember? When you were packing your suitcase, I broke the door and loaded the recording on a flash drive. On Sunday, I e-mailed it to the police from an anonymous account I already deleted and-"

"Did you watch the footage?", I asked warily. I was sorry to interrupt him but this was very important for me. The abuse was something private and he should not watch it.

"No, I didn't. It's not my place to do so, especially when you didn't have talked to me about it." He lowered his head. "Are you mad at me?", he asked anxiously.

I opened my eyes wide in a startled manner. "No! Why would I?"

"I didn't ask for your permission to send the video footage. It's something private and I e-mailed it to people you don't even know." He still had his head lowered and didn't dare to look at my face, expecting the worst.

I placed my fingers on his hand and he finally looked up.

"You did so much for me Joonie.", I told him with a soft and emphatic voice. "How could I ever be angry at you who saved me out of the darkest place?"

___

1043 words

Finally the psycho gets what she deserves!😡 I hope you all are happy about it.😈

And also Viola and Namjoon made up! We are nearing the end of the book, my precious readers, but don't worry, I'm already working on the next story!🤗🥰

Thank you for reading my book and supporting me! Stay safe and healthy, I purple you!!!💜💜💜