Chapter 14 (Fri, Dez 15, 2017)

!!!Warning: This chapter contains triggering topics. Reading under your own risk!!!

____

The hot and humid air hit my face and the disturbing smell of sweat and alcohol stung in my nose. Everywhere were moving bodies, I was not able to see which body parts matched to which bodies, everything was just a mass of movement. The flickering lights hindered my eyes from focusing and the voices of dozens of people mixed with the noise of dance music.

Ashley dragged me to the bar, where a man handed her a red plastic cup with a yellowish liquid in it.

She apparently enjoyed the party, a big smile was evident on her facial features, but for me my senses were too stressed to enjoy it.

She screamed something too me, but her words were swallowed by the loud music and I only understood a few words.

"...you...drink something?"

I shook my head, I never drank alcohol before and wanted to stay fully conscious.

My eyes were wide opened like the eyes of a deer that was caught in the headlight of a car and was going to be run over. The noise and the unbelievable mass of people triggered me. I was still very introverted, even with Ashley and John as new friends, and the crowd made me feel very uncomfortable and intimidated.

Ashley shrugged and took a nip of her drink, her red lipstick leaving a lipstick stain on the cup. Then she seemed to notice someone in the room and her eyes lit up.

"... Samantha! Come,...go... her!", she screamed.

I stood on my tiptoes to make out the girl in the mainly red lighted room, but I was too small and almost got hit by an elbow in my eye.

Ashley pulled my arm and we both fought our way to the blond haired girl that was standing on the other side of the room. I got hit a few times, mainly on the head and I could not help but question the sense of going to parties. Why was everyone so excited to go to parties? It was just full of people who stank and hurt you.

We finally arrived to where Samantha stood, who observed our arrival with a bored expression. Her eyes glided over our bodies to check out our outfits. When she saw mine, she sneered. She herself was wearing high heels and a minidress with a neckline that almost revealed her bellybutton.

Ashley began to shout excitedly something to Samantha, who pretended to listen, because it wasn't possible to understand.

Suddenly I got a message from my bladder. During the hectic departure of Ashley and me there hadn't been time for me to go to the toilet. I turned to Ashley.

"I have to go to the toilet!", I screamed as loud as possible.

She apparently understood, because she nodded, grabbed my hand and lead me through the crowd to a staircase. We both climbed the stairs up. When we were at the top, it was less noisy than before and also less people crowded the hallway. We passed a few doors.

"Why do you know where the toilet is?", I asked Ashley, finally not needing to scream.

"I often go to parties here. The house belongs to another student of Harvard.", she told me. "Ah, here we are."

A few girls stood before the bathroom, but after a few minutes it finally was my turn.

"I wait outside for you.", Ashley told me, before I closed the door.

Inside it smelled of vomit and I tried to hold my breath. After I finished my business, I looked at my reflection in the huge mirror on the wall.

This wasn't me.