Chapter 19 (Mon, Dec 18 - Sat, Dec 23, 2017)

I was very exhausted when I reached the apartment. Telling Ashley to never near me again had drained all my energy. My heart was broken, even if I had tried to maintain the wall I had built around it.

I didn't want to study after the encounter with Ashley, so I tried my luck with doing art until John would have finished work.

The picture I drew showed the bird from today that picked in the ground, innocent and vulnerable. I also drew the scenery of white glittering snow, covering a little house in the woods.

In the late evening, I received a message of John.

John:
Hey, Viola! I finished work! How was your day? I'm sorry to ask, but did you speak with Ashley?

Me:
Hey John! I want to hear your voice. Let's call.

---

"So she didn't even tried to defend herself?"

"No, she didn't. I'm so disappointed by her, I even called her my friend John! I thought she would like me, but she didn't!", I sobbed.

Somewhere during the call, I had started to cry, because the thing with Ashley was too much for me to handle. During the whole weekend, I had maintained my self-control more or less good, but confronting her today had been too much to take.

"Shhh, Viola, I'm here for you. It's okay to cry, let all emotions out and after, you will start feeling better."

I cried a lot during this call. After some time, Jin entered the room of John to tell him that dinner was ready. He was horrified when he heard that I was having a breakdown, even if John tried to calm him down.

"Jin-hyung, it's okay, really! Please leave my room, I'm coming!"

"But I have to help my future sister-in-law! Viola, are you okay? Eomma Jin is here to help you, don't worry!"

"I'm okay, really!", I tried to reassure him.

John ended the call after fifteen more minutes, during Jin was complaining about me having a breakdown and the dinner becoming cold.

The following days were both horror and relief for me. 

Horror because I had to go to university each day, having to see Ashley and Samantha. Ashley always looked at me sorrowfully, but Samantha just stared at me while smiling in a sinister way. 

But I felt relief, because I had John, the maknae line and Jin, who tried to understand me and comforted me. The only thing that worried me was that I didn't got to know the other two members yet. Did they not want me to be friends with them? Were they afraid that I would leak their personal life and be a threat?

On Friday, when I arrived at the apartment, I was very happy because I managed to get through the week without becoming desperate. At least not that much.

I made the phone call to my mother, even if there wasn't much to say. Last week there had been no exams and my professors still were satisfied with my accomplishments.

I noticed how the burden of being controlled by my mother lessened more with each day. With not following my mothers rule of not having friends, I felt more independent and I liked it. I should only be careful so that my mother wouldn't notice it.

On Saturday I went to buy groceries, knowing that Monday and Tuesday of the next week were holidays and the shop would be closed. Apart from vegetables, rice and noodles I also bought christmas cookies, wanting to feel the atmosphere of christmas at home.

On my way home, I walked through the park. Suddenly, I was approached by the elderly lady who I met two times before already.

"Oh, good afternoon, young lady!", she exclaimed with her shaky voice.

I greeted her friendly.

"How are you and the other young lady doing, hm?", she asked and blinked at me.

I first didn't know who she was speaking of, therefore I recalled my memory. When I first had met her, she saw me with Ashley, who told her that we were friends.

"Oh.", I made.

"Oh no, darling, what happened? I thought you were friends!"

"I thought so too, but it turned out that she was just using me for my wealth and intelligence.", I looked at her saddened.

"I don't think she did that. She seemed to be genuine and really like you! Also you both are too young to have problems and therefore being dragged down like this. You still have a long life to live and need company while doing so. You should forgive her, darling."

She patted my back with her wrinkled hand, what comforted me.

"It's not that easy.", I tried to explain. "I really trusted her and she just betrayed me."

"Did she on her own admit to have betrayed you or did someone else say that about her?"

I pondered. Actually, it had been Samantha who accused Ashley of using me for her own advantage and I just didn't get to hear Ashley's answer. In the past week I also had noticed that Ashley didn't talk with Samantha anymore at the campus.

The lady saw my doubtful expression and smiled at me. "Maybe you should speak to her again to clarify things."

She winked at me and then slowly walked away, leaving me standing thoughtfully in front of a park bench.

___

900 words

Sorry, this chapter is just a filler, nothing is really going on and it's kind of boring. But I still hope you enjoyed!

I have finally holidays! Work has been very stressful the last time and I really needed this break. How are you doing? Please stay safe and take care of your health! Thank you for reading my story, I purple you!!!💜💜💜