Chapter 17 (Sat, Dec 16 - Sun, Dec 17, 2017)

When I woke up in the morning, I felt relaxed like never before in my whole lifetime. The phone showed me that the call in the night took two hours, apparently John waited very long to make sure that I was asleep. I looked into the chat and saw the message he texted me at 4 AM after ending the call.

John:
I hope you are okay right now. Sleep well.

I smiled. At least one person took care of me.

Me:
Thank you so much! You could have also let me suffer, but you actually did something to help me!

Thank you also for the song, it helped me calming down and fall asleep.

His voice really have had a great effect on me. Maybe this was the reason, why he was famous. Was he a singer? But his voice also sounded not used to singing, so maybe he was a rapper...

Whatsoever, I was happy that he trusted me enough to make the phone call. 

I saw that I also had messages of Ashley, asking if I was okay. I didn't answer. 

On Monday I would have to see her again, but how should I treat her? How would I be able to handle the situation?

My stomach growled loudly, startling me in the process. First I would go to eat, before I would think about Ashley!

On Saturday and Sunday evening John called me and we talked about both irrelevant and relevant topics. I got to know more things of him, like that he had six other members in his group, who always were bickering with each other, but in reality loved each other like brothers. I also learned more of his philosophic way of thinking and often found myself to be involved in discussions with him about the meaning of life or other interesting topics. He seemed to be very intelligent and I got the feeling that we were on the same wavelength. Often, we agreed with each other and just added something to the other's statement.

On Sunday evening, John was telling me of how every human is their own microcosm, but is related to everything inside the macrocosm, when I heard the sound of an opening door on the other side of the call.

"Joonie-hyung, was it you who broke the plates again? Jin-hyung is so mad right now, you should admit your crime before he starts to chase you with the frying pan!", a high-pitched, but still male sounding voice asked.

John seemed to be startled and trying to hide his phone, when I heard rustling and John stuttering "Um... yeah, I-I was it..." 

This was the opposite of the calm and considering John I got to know. I tried to stay as quiet as possible. Would there be consequences for John if somebody would find out of our conversations?

"Wait, why are you hiding your phone?" The other voice asked and mischief could be heard when he continued: "Watching porn again? Oh, Joonie-ssi..., tsk, tsk, tsk..."

"No, I didn't!", John tried to convince the other person and seemed aghast and embarrassed.

"What are you hiding?", the unknown person asked amused. "Is it possibly... a girl?"

I heard rustling and a "Ya, stop!" of John.

"Ha! I found it! You're currently calling a so-called 'Viola'... so it's really a girl?"

"Yeah, but were only friends!"

I didn't know why, but it made my heart ached when John said this. Was I perhaps falling for him? No, that would be dumb, we didn't even see each other in real life before! And he also was an idol. He had millions of fangirls who loved him before I did, and who would hate me just for being friends with him.