Chapter 24 (Mon, Dec 25, 2017)

I noticed that I already had spent one hour just looking at RM's pictures.

Oopsie.

But actually I didn't regret it. This man's visuals were so fascinating that I had to force myself to stop watching his pictures and instead finally start to listen to their music for the first time. The last published music video of them was called 'DNA' and its thumbnail showed all of them standing with their hands in their pockets, wearing colorful clothes. The thumbnail alone promised an energetic song and I didn't waste time to click the video.

Immediately I was mesmerized of the video and I didn't dare to even breathe when I saw the youngest member whistling a beautiful melody and then giving a cute yet attractive smile. Then, the BTS members started to dance and I could only focus on the video, forgetting everything around me apart from it. 

For the first minute of the video, I didn't know which member was the most intriguing one. Was it V with his stunning visuals and deep voice? Jimin who managed to look extremely cute and extremely hot at the same time? Jin who looked illegally handsome? J-hope who radiated happiness? Jungkook who seemed to flirt with the viewer because of his smiles and gestures?

But then RM came into the center with his orange dyed hair and the ocean blue contact lenses. My breath hitched and I wasn't able to contain a little squeal. How could a person look so attractive? And his rap skills were amazing, his deep voice making my heart flutter. It had just the same effect on me as John's voice had. The rest of the video, I mostly focused on RM, but was also amazed by the talent of the other members. The song was so beautiful, with meaningful and aesthetic lyrics.

The next two hours I spent watching BTS' music videos, dance practices, funny compilation videos their fans called A.R.M.Y.s created and BANGTAN BOMBs. They were really talented, mesmerizing, attractive, cute and funny and my face started to hurt because I smiled too much.

Even though every member was amazing, I couldn't take my eyes of RM, who amazed me the most. He did a very good job as the leader and he reminded me very much of John. John had also a deep and comforting voice, was tall and very wise considering his age. John had told me that he was part of a K-pop group, but I didn't think that it actually was BTS. There were many K-pop groups that were not that well known with leaders who also could have a deep voice and be intellectuals. The chance that John actually was RM was very small, therefore I let the thought of it drop.

Right on cue, the phone ringed, the screen showing me that John called. I immediately picked up the call.

"Hi, Viola!", he greeted with his deep voice.

"Hi, John! Did you sleep well?"

"It took a while for me to fall asleep. I didn't like that you had to be alone the whole day. It worried me so much."

Guilt took over me when I heard that he worried for no reason. "Oh. It's nice that you care for me, but actually I wasn't alone."

"You weren't? But who spent the day with you?"

"Ashley. It had just been a misunderstanding. We made it up and I got to spent the day with her and her family.", I replied.

"Oh, that's good! I hope you had a wonderful day!" 

"We had! I'm sorry to worry you." 

"It's okay! How have you spent the time with Ashley's family?"

"We ate, gifted each other something and then, Ashley and I just talked in her room. It seems as if it wasn't special, but for me it was, because it was the first ever Christmas I celebrated with other people.", I told him happily.

"I understand why this must mean very much to you."

"And Ashley also told me the story of her life. It was very interesting. Apparently she had been through hard times, but thanks to music she overcame it and finally accepted herself."

"Through music?", he asked interested.

"Yeah. She listens to a K-pop band called BTS.", I answered.

I heard him choking, which resulted in him coughing extremely. I was very worried.

"John! Are you okay? Drink something, maybe this will help you!" I felt so useless because he was far away and I was not able to help him!

He finally calmed down.

"Everything is okay. I just choked on my saliva.", he reassured me with a raspy voice.

"Okay, please be careful, okay John?", I requested.

"Of course."

"Do you know BTS? Oh, I'm dumb, of course you know them, they are very famous and you are a K-pop idol yourself." I facepalmed.

"Yes I know them, but don't call yourself dumb, please. You're perfect.", he replied, his voice still a bit hoarse from all the coughing.

I couldn't help but feel flattered. In a shy voice I mumbled: "Please don't say this. You don't even know me."

"Viola." He sighed. "I didn't see you in person, yet I think that I learned very much about your personality during calls and messaging. You are not dumb, and you also aren't worthless. Please keep that in mind.", he insisted emphatically.

My face heated up and I only was able to let out a small thank you, feeling completely flustered, sparks spreading warmth in my heart.

___

918 words

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!🎆wish you all the best, may all of your wishes come true, may you have a great health and a bright future ahead! Thank you for all the support you gave me in the last year!!!💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Did you watch BTS on the New Year's Rockin Eve? I wasn't able to, but they apparently did well and WHOA!!! THEY PERFORMED IN FRONT OF 1,5 MILLION PEOPLE!!! Hopefully they will gain many fans with it, I'm so proud of them.☺️

Thank you for reading this chapter, I purple you!!!💜💜💜