Chapter 13 (Fri, Dec 15, 2017)

As soon as I entered my apartment, I first checked if John had texted me. But the texting app still didn't please me with a new message. 

A small voice in my head whispered: 'Maybe he doesn't want to communicate with you. Maybe he got bored by you, because you just annoy him with your little and unimportant problems. Maybe he doesn't want to be friends with you anymore.'

"No, he's just busy with his idol work!", I tried to convince myself, unintentionally speaking loud.

My voice echoed through the dark and empty apartment and I felt the loneliness drowning me, as if I fell in a bottomless tank full of black and ice cold oil that infiltrated my lungs and agglutinated my body in the inside. I felt how my heart was poisoned and shriveled to destroyed and dead debris, splinters cutting through everything left of my body.

Panicked, I took a deep shaky breath, almost sobbing.

The notification of my phone going off startled me. Quickly, I grabbed my phone. Maybe this was John, texting me and to make sure that I was okay! My lips formed a hopeful smile, when I opened the texting app.

And the smile fell, when I saw that the message wasn't from John. But my hopeful expression didn't vanish completely.

Ashley:
Hi Vicky!!!😊

You forgot to give me your address in university today, can you text me it please?

I quickly texted her the address and told her that she should come over at 6 PM at the earliest. I looked at the watch. It was still an hour to go until 6 PM and it was time to call my mother.

I didn't have to say much to my mother this time. I only got one exam back and got 100 percent, therefore the call ended soon. As always she ordered me to study, I agreed and she ended the call after emphasizing how much she had expected of me and how useless I was.

But I knew that I wasn't going to study this day. I would go to the party, the first party in my life. I hoped that Ashley would protect me and take good care of me.

Speaking of the devil, in the same moment when I thought of her, the doorbell ringed. I looked at the watch and realized that I spent an hour daydreaming about the party. Quickly, I went to the door to open it.

---

"I'm not wearing this!" In horror I stared at the small thing that Ashley took out of her bag.

After I had opened the door, she had entered the house like a tsunami wave and asked "Where is your wardrobe?" without even giving me a glance. Overran by her energy, I speechlessly had led the way to my walk-in-closet, where we had been spending half an hour of her rummaging my wardrobe and me quietly standing next to her.

"But why? I knew you would refuse to wear this, but you can't just go to a party wearing one of your blouses!"

"I can not wear something like this!", I tried to defend myself. My body looked disgusting and she didn't have to see it. Nobody should see those disgusting scars that were hiding under my long sleeved outfits.

She sighed heavily, clearly annoyed by my refusal. "If you really feel this uncomfortable with revealing outfits, I think you can wear something more modest. It's your first party after all."

She stuffed the red glittering crop top back in the bag, along with black hot pants and the fishnet stockings.

"But I will make you wear make-up! You can't escape it!", she warned me.

I nodded, even if I didn't like make-up. I preferred natural beauty and never wore make-up before.

Half an hour later, she finished her creation. I looked at the mirror. 

First, I couldn't recognize the person who was staring at me in the reflection. The woman looked mature and confident. She was wearing black leather pants and a dark blue blouse that was unbuttoned at the top, so that her cleavage was showing a bit. She wore heavy make up with dark mascara that highlighted her bright green eyes and her hair flowed over her shoulders to her waist with slight curls.

All in all, the woman was beautiful. 

But also a bit too revealing.

"Don't worry.", Ashley told me when she noticed my glance to my décolletage. "Nobody will notice it, if you don't constantly look at the neckline or pull it up."

She wore a miniskirt with fishnet stockings and a black crop top with rips. Harvard a strict dress code, and I had never seen people dress this revealingly before. She had a great body and looked like a model and I couldn't help but compare myself to her.

The cab driver seemed to stare at me when I got in his car, but when I looked at him he was looking at the street.

"Still feeling uncomfortable?", Ashley asked. "It will be fine. I'm here to protect you."

I nodded and shifted in the seat.

The car stopped and we got out of it. I didn't know what I expected, but the party took place in a luxurious building in a part of Boston where rich people lived. Beams of light in various colors emitted from the house and the bass of loud music echoed through the night. 

Ashley paid the driver and hopped excitedly to the entrance of the house, dragging me after her. The house was coming closer and closer and the uneasy feeling in my stomach became stronger with every step. I turned around, to see my only means of escape, the cab, driving away.

I turned to Ashley to tell her that I didn't want to enter the house, but it was too late. She had already opened the door.

____

984 words

I'm sorry if the description of the clothes is very exaggerated, but I never was on a party before - despite me being a legal adult hehe.

Anywayzzzzz thank you so much for reading my book, I purple you!!!<3