Chapter 31 (Fri, Apr 20, 2018)

On Friday, I still was very nervous and excited. I was of course excited because BTS were in Boston. But there was also the kind of excitement you get when something amazing will happen. I just wasn't able to put my finger on what I was so excited for.

In university I was not able to concentrate, the professor's words were only a background noise for me. The entire lesson I was restless, fidgeting on my chair and watching the watch hands on the wall slowly moving. When the lesson was over I stood up, packed everything in my bag and exited the room as fast as possible.

In the hallway I almost collided with a tall man. I looked at him and saw that he wore a face mask and a cap that almost covered his whole face. But because I was very small, I was able to look under the cap and make out his eyes, almond shaped, intelligent and friendly. His glance focused on me for a short time, before he nodded at me in an apologizing manner and continued his way. 

My gaze followed his tall form that was making its way through the students. He had a huge presence that made everyone go out of his way and even though he walked like a young man, he seemed to be very experienced in life.

I shook my head to clear my mind and then walked to the subway as fast as possible. When I was inside of the train and sat down, I tapped my shoes on the ground in a fast beat, not caring for the annoyed glares of the other passengers.

I arrived at the apartment after walking through the streets, where colorful flowers bloomed on the trees and in the gardens, unlocked the door and entered the apartment.

The whole time I was not able to concentrate on studying, the restlessness was still occupying my body, letting me wiggle with my legs and tapping my toes as if I was an overexcited squirrel in sugar rush.

After calling my mother and being ordered to only focus on studying, I sat down again in the study room with a sigh. I opened a book and tried to force myself to read something about the different methods of heart surgery.

Suddenly the doorbell ringed and I looked up utterly confused. I wasn't expecting anyone. Maybe it was just the mailman who had ringed at the wrong door?

I opened the door.

There stood the tall man I had almost run into in university today. He still wore his cap and face mask, therefore I wasn't able to see anything but his friendly eyes. He looked at me marveled and blinked a few times.

"Good evening. Are you Victoria White?", he asked. He had a very deep voice with an accent I was not able to match a country.

"Y-yes I am.", I answered with huge eyes. Why did he know my name? Who was he?

"Am I allowed to enter?"

I was taken by surprise and let him in wordlessly. I didn't know why, but the nervousness had died down while the excitement had only became more.

We stood awkwardly in the hallway, before I remembered my manners.

"D-do you want to drink something?", I asked shyly.

"Yes, maybe that would be a good idea. I didn't drink anything today yet."

"That's not good for your health.", I told him matter of factly, with my med student coming through.

I led him to the kitchen. An internal voice in me asked me why I was showing a stranger around in my house, a man at that. But I wasn't afraid of him. Actually it was the complete opposite. I felt him radiating comfort and warmth.

His eyes surveyed the ugly and dark interior, my eyes uncomfortably looked at the security cameras while we walked to the kitchen. When we reached it, I gestured him to sit on a chair at the kitchen counter, which he did. The whole time while I filled a glass for him with water, I felt him looking at me.

I set the glass down in front of him and he thanked me. But he didn't start to drink it right away, instead he placed his long and delicate hands around it as if he was trying to warm his hands, even though the water was lukewarm and it was a warm spring day outside.

"So...", he began to speak, his fingers coming loose of the glass and drawing patterns at the counter, following invisible lines.

I waited.

He looked into my eyes deeply. "It is... very exciting to finally meet you. And you look... sad and anxious but I hope that I can help you."

I frowned. What was he trying to imply?

"I promised that I would help you. And I don't break my promises.", he continued.

I tried to understand his words. And comprehension slowly settled in when he took of the mask and the cap, revealing his beautiful and oh so well-known face to me.

"Viola, I am John."

____

853 words

FINALLY THEY MET EACH OTHER!!! I hope you are happy now!!!😊

I know you will hate me for this, but since they met I won't continue publishing chapters daily, I will update this story every second or third day from now on. You'll have to wait a bit before you will be able to know how Victoria reacts!🤐

I was not able to publish a BTS Theories book, but I will soon!

I hope you enjoyed, have a lovely day! I purple you!!!💜💜💜