Chapter 7: A long day

I just got home. I'm still thinking about the way Billie looked at me today. If I didn't knew better I would say that she doesn't seem to be the "nice" student everyone admires. Everyone kinda avoid being around her except for a few people. I don't know if I should feel bad for her... or just act normal.
And choir? She's probably really fucking good at singing. Her voice is so relaxing to listen to.

I sit down on my bed looking at my messy room.. only a few of the things I brought from England are actually packed out of the boxes. I should probably finish decorating my room.

9.30 PM

Im finally done decorating my room^I've been doing it since I got home

I've been doing it since I got home. My mom had to come up with some food for me. I look at my new decorated room satisfied of how it turned out. I told my parents and my siblings to stay out.

First of all: I wanted to do it myself, without 4 other people messing around
Second of all: i needed space for all my shit
And
Third of all: I want it as a "surprise" for them to see it, also my mom said that she wanted to see it ASAP.

I take the last look on my new room and decide to tell my family. I open my door to see if there's anyone in the hallway.
"Maddie, Adam are you in your rooms?"
I listen for a reply, but not a single soul is to see or hear, I walk downstairs.
I see my mom and dad sitting in the couch in the living room watching a tv show kinda thing.
"Mom and dad, I'm done with my room" I say smiling like a little 5 year old.
"Already?" My dad ask ironically
"Yes dad" I say
"That's great honey, can we have a look now?"
My mom ask
"Yes of course, where are Adam and Maddie though?" I say.
"Adam is asleep he was tired and Maddie are FaceTiming some of her friends in her room I think"
My mom says
"Oh.. I just didn't hear anyone  upstairs.."
I say. I'm used to hear Adam snore and Maddie laughing and talking the whole way through all the walls in the house.
"Yeah the walls are all soundproofed, I thought that it was a good idea, because of you all's obsession with 20.ooo different kind of music playing at the same time"
My dad says.
"Yeah it's smart though"
I say.

I don't wanna disturb Maddie while she's talking to her friends from London.. so I'm just gonna let her see it herself.
I walk upstairs with my parents right behind me.

"Okay are you ready?"
"Yes" My parents say at the same time.
"Okay" I say and open my door.
"Oh my gosh honey it's beautiful!" My mom says.
"It's so you sweetheart, it's pretty" my dad says smiling at me.
"Thank you so much!"
I say feeling my smile widens

*10.58 pm*

I'm laying in my bed. Today has been pretty weird. But better than I'd expected.
I somehow have this desire to get to know some of the people I've met today, they all seem so cool. Especially Billie. She doesn't act and looks like any other high school student I've ever seen in my life. She's different.
I hope tomorrow I are gonna be like today.