Chatper 37 (the final) : im gonna miss you, im sorry

A/N
Billie just got out of juvenile court, after too many warnings she got 8 months to spend in juvenile because the police found the stolen money. After the 8 months, she gets send to a psychiatric hospital for help, after being declared "mentally ill"

(Don't forget the music ;) )

Melody's POV

I've been talking to Drew and Zoe about Billie since we heard the news.. We've been crying together for 2 weeks. We graduated last week and it's finally summer break, again. After summer break everything is going to change, I won't be spending my summer with Billie as we've planned... we had so many plans, and thinking of it without her feels empty and not worth it.

"You look so lost boo" Zoe says sitting down beside of me.
"I am.. I don't know what to do from here" I say, still starring into the air.
"She did it to protect us.. from Jack and his gang" Zoe says hugging me.
"I can't believe he demanded that big amount of money" I say.
"At least he went to prison for 5 years" Zoe says.
"Yes I'm so happy the police found him" I say.
"Yes he's finally where he belongs" Zoe says resting her head on my shoulder
"But look you're going to college, Harvard" she says.
"Yeah.." I say.
"On the other hand, you guys would've been separated otherwise" Zoe says.
"You're right.. but I'm gonna miss being in touch with her" I say.
"You can call her" Zoe says.
"But I can't hold her.. we didn't even say goodbye" I say feeling a tear rolling down my cheek.
"I know how hard it is" Zoe says.
"I have to say goodbye" I say.
"Zoe, can you drive me to billies Juvenile center"
I ask.
"I mean yes of course" Zoe says getting up.
"Thank you"

At billies juvenile detention

I sit down in the cafeteria waiting for Billie. It's cold and boring.

"Melody?" A voice says
I look up. I want to run to her with the speed of light and hug her and never let go.. but physical contact is not allowed... and there's officers everywhere. Two of them are on each side of billies. She looks devastated, and not like herself. The view of my girlfriend being broken breaks my heart into a million pieces.
Her eyes looks empty and sad and filled with shame.

"Babyy!!" I say in a light voice.

Billies POV

I look at my girlfriend sitting there waiting for me. I haven't slept since I got in here. And I can barely keep my eyes open. I never wanted her to see me like this... if she's here to break up with me, I understand that, I deserve it.

"Hey babygirl" I say sitting down in the front of her.
"I've been sick of worrying baby" melody says.
"I'm so sorry you have to see me like this.." I say.
"The only thing I'm mad at is the distance, I'm gonna miss you so much" melody says.
"You have no idea of how much I need you right now" I say reaching for her hand.
She puts her hand in mine.
"I love you forever, no matter what happens, I will always be here to protect you, even tho the gang doesn't exist anymore, they still got your back, all of them" I say.
"I just want you near" melody says tearing up.
"Please don't cry babygirl..." I say feeling my voice shaking and tears waiting for me to let them go.
"I'm going to miss you so much.." melody says.
"I already miss you like an insane, but hey you got into your dream collage, you still have your life" I say, forcing a smile.
"What's it all worth it without you" melody says.
"It's just 11 months baby, I'll be out soon" I say, squeezing her hand tightly.
"Please get out soon" melody says looking down.

"Hey! No physical contact!!! The 20 minutes are over" An officer yells.
We let go and pull away against our own will, with tears running down our faces.
"Billie.."
"Be strong for me babygirl, okay?" I say, getting up.
"Baby please no!!!" She shouts.
"Promise me!!!" I yell.
"Okay..." melody says looking down.
".. I love you babygirl..." I say under my breath, watching her picking up her bag and leave.
I'm not going to see her for the next year. I can't bear it. But I did it to save her life, and seeing her living her life is all worth it.

My love, my only Melody.

A/N
The eeeeeennnnnddddd  bitchasses
if I get bored sometime, I might write a sequel.
This was so much fun and I'm so thankful for how far it has gone, 22K reads is a lot. I'll be editing each chapter along the week, to improve the story, since my vocabulary has changed a lot the past year :)

For you:

For you reading this right now in this very moment, thank YOU for being here, it means so much to me. if you've been following along from the very beginning, congratulations you made it through 37 chapters of bad grammar spelling and crazy imagines and me not knowing what I'm doing.

See you someday, stay safe babes!!!!!!!

Bye for now.

XOXO

@bilsbabee