Chapter 9: Party at my house

Its now one and a half month since Mels first day at her new school, Greenwoods Highschool (GH) and she said her last goodbye to her older sister Maddie, who left for college. There will be some time skips through the story now you're prepared. Les go!

I'm waiting for Alex in the school bus. I'm sitting at the same seat as he sat the day we met.
I look out of the window. Finally.
"Wassup Mel" he says taking off his backpack.
"Wassup Alex" I respond.
"I have exciting news!" Alex says
"What?" I say, looking for a piece of vegan nature produced gum, my mom gave me.
"I will be gone for a few weeks, because ya boi will be on his way to Thailand with his mom and stepdad baby!" Alex says
"Oh my god I'm glad to hear that Alex that's great!"
I say.
"I know right?!!"
Alex says almost jumping off his own seat.

*lunch break*

I'm sitting with Steph eating my lunch, when I see Avery, walking around giving people some papers.
I wonder what it is..
———————————————————————-
Avery Adelaide Smith aka Avery, the schools "good vibe" she's an extroverted person who loves socializing with others no matter who they are. Also she's bi, not very relevant for the story but yeah now you know:)

———————————————————————-"Hey Melody, I'm throwing a party at my place this Friday, you should come, and so should you Steph"Avery says

"Hey Melody, I'm throwing a party at my place this Friday, you should come, and so should you Steph"
Avery says.
"Sure!"
I say taking the paper with all the practical information aka the invitation.
"I think I'm busy this Friday"
Steph says looking away
"C"mom Steph it's gonna be cool"
I say.
"Okay I'll check my calendar.."
Steph says rolling her eyes.

"Oh and I've seen you talking to Billie, she seems like a nice person, she started at GH last year, but I was a scared and insecure bitch so I didn't really get to talk to her that much, you can ask her too if you want"
Avery says.
"Uhm I mean I haven't been talking to her that much since I got here, but I can try?"
I say.
"Thank you so much I know she won't listen to anyone like me she seems pretty reserved"
Avery says.

"Finally we got free 3 minutes later than usually!"
Alex says as he enter the table we're sitting at
"Yeah I was wondering what you were doing"
I say.
"Uhm what the hell is Steph doing?"
Alex says. I look at Steph and she's just starring into the air like there was standing an alien right behind me.
"Uhm idk" I say.
"Steph! What are you doing?"
I say.
"Huh what oh sorry I'm just tired. Would you guys mind if I went off for today?"
She says
"Uhm yeah, why are you leaving already?
I ask her
"I don't know, because I feel like"
Steph says packing her things.
"Whatever"
I say rolling my eyes.
"You know you're gonna be suspended for doing that?"
Alex says
"I don't care, I'm just gonna say I feel sick"
Steph says walking out
"Why is she acting like that?"
I say
"It's Steph, she has always been like that"
Alex says.
"Oh, okay"
I say still being kinda confused.

I decide to try to find Billie after school to ask her about joining the party, I actually think it's gonna be lit, if not even more if she's gonna join.
Cause I like her energy and people needs to feel it too.

*after school*

I'm looking everywhere for Billie, but her bright green roots are nowhere to find...
I've seen her before today, but she looked kinda busy with whatever her and Zoe where doing.
The school bus is already here, I'm running out of time..
Shit.

I enter the bus and suddenly see some bright green roots in the back of the bus.
It looks like she's writing something down.
I have to ask her now.
"Hey Billie, uhm is this seat taken?"
I ask nervously.
"Yeah I'm waiting fo-"
She says but suddenly stop herself in what she's saying when she sees me.
"Uhm depends on what you want"
She says.
"I have something I would like to ask you"
I say, but then I look at her notebook.. she weren't only writing things, but also drawing some kind of monsters.. they actually look very scary. But then she close the notebook and stands up.
"We're supposed to get off here right?" She says.
"Uhm what yeah" I say shaking my head.
"What were you drawing, if I may ask?"
I ask, totally unexpected.
"These? Oh.. uhm nothing reallly.."
Billie says.
"Oh okay.."
I didn't know I've been standing up looking at her drawings through the whole bus ride home.

"I'm home!"
I say
"Hi honey"
My mom says.
"Were not going to take care of making dinner tonight"
She says
"What why not?"
I ask in confusion
"We got invited by my colleague from work to eat at her place tonight apparently she's living somewhere on this street with her husband and kids"
My mom says.
"Oh cool, all of us?" I ask
"yes all of us, and they're vegan. I think gluten-free too" my mom says.
"They have two kids around your age maybe you know them?"
She says
"Uhm yeah maybe, uhm then I'll go take a shower"
I say running upstairs with my backpack.
But then it hits me that I forgot to ask Billie about the party... shit.

I also need to find something to wear if we're going to  eat somewhere else tonight... just to look a little presentable.
I go to my closet, looking for a comfortable outfit to wear.

I finally find the outfit I'm gonna wear