Chapter 8: Dear sister

One week later

It's Saturday. I've been fearing this day for 1 year. The day Maddie are leaving for college... I think I'm less ready than Maddie herself. We have always been close even tho we are like water and fire and day and night. She has always been there for me when i needed someone to talk to.. she's the most supportive human ever. We love each other more than anything. And I know Adam are feeling the exact same.
We have been spending the whole day with Maddie doing all the things she love and packed the rest of the stuff she's gonna bring with her, and then we're gonna drive her to the airport and say goodbye..
My mom started the day by making Maddies favorite breakfast, toast with some coffee. Vegan of course. We went to LA city to shop and see the Hollywood sign for the very first time in real life. It was so cool, I can't believe I'm living almost next to it. Maddie has always had some kind of obsession with it..

It's now 6.45 pm.. and we're gonna drive Maddie to the airport. I've been hugging her 100 times today, Adam has been acting differently too. He's gonna miss his sister too even though he doesn't like showing it.
"And you got everything you need?"
My mom ask Maddie
"Yes mom of course I have, I've been organizing it from the bottom" Maddie smiles
"Okay let's go"
my dad locks the door.
This time it's Maddie who's in the middle of me and Adam, I'm resting my head on her shoulder and so does Adam. She's wrapping her arms around us. I feel so much more safe in her grip. I can feel a tear rolling down her cheek. I look up to meet her teary eyes.. she looks at me and smiles.
"Don't cry Mad, you're gonna make me cry even more" I say feeling my eyes getting wetter.
"I can't help it I love you so much" she says.
"I love you too sis" I say taking her hand.
The closer we get to the airport the lore my mom starts crying.
"I can't believe you're leaving for college already.." my mom says.
"Me neither to be honest" Maddie says

We're now at the airport.. we just got all her suitcases out of the car.
"Be careful honey.. I love you so much, promise to call me at least once a week if you're not busy, okay?" my mom says sobbing.
"Yes mom I promise"
"I know you'll get through it easily, but be careful with the boys" my dad says crying a little too.
"Yes dad" Maddie says rolling her eyes while hugging him.
"Keep our streak, on snap!"
Adam says also half sobbing
"I will lil bro, I will..."
She says hugging him tightly.
"Love you" Maddie says and kiss him on his cheek
"Eww" Adam says.
I look at her. I just stopped crying, but I can feel the tears are coming back the second i get eye contact with her. I run into her arms.
"I love you so much Maddie!"
"I love you too I promise to FaceTime as soon as I have the time, I'm gonna miss you so much" Maddie says.
"I'm gonna miss you too.."
I say...

I watch her turn around not looking back. This is really last time I'm gonna see my sister.. in an amount of time I don't even wanna think about.. I hug Adam while we're walking back to the car.. it feels so empty already.. this is gonna be way worse than I've ever thought..