Prom Queen [Angst/Fluff]

I wanted to use this song because I love this song and it really relates to me. It relates to insecurities ('i was never cut out for prom queen', 'wish i was like you, blue eyed blondie, perfect body', etc) I like to think that behind the meaning of it, it's there to make you feel good about yourself and that you should love yourself (hypocritical of me, I know).

I really wanted to use this song.

Future songfics coming up as well!

Shut up,
'Count your calories!'
'I never looked good in mom jeans.'

'Wish I was like you, blue-eyed blondie, perfect body..'

You stared into your mirror, looking at every aspect of your body.

"Maybe I should try harder.' You thought to yourself as you imaged yourself as prom queen.

'You should lower your expectations!' you thought to yourself as you stared at all the perfect girls in your class.

I'm no quick curl barbie,
'I was never cut out for prom queen.' you thought as you sighed.

'If I get more pretty, do you think he will like me?' you whispered to your best friend as you stared at your crush, Cardlin.

Dissect my insecurities,
I'm a defect surgical project.

'It's getting hard to breathe..' you thought, as you stared at the slim bodies of your girl classmates in Gym.

There's plastic wrap in my cheeks.

'Maybe I should try harder.' you said to yourself as you jogged around the field, speeding up your pace.

'You should lower your beauty standards.' you hissed at some of your classmates.

'I'm no quick-curl barbie, I was never cut out for prom queen.' you sighed to your best friend,  her hand reassuring rubbing yours.

If I'm pretty, will you like me?

'They say beauty makes boys happy.' Some of the popular girls whispered to you, giggling after.

'I've been starving myself.'

Carving skin until my bones are showing.

'Teach me how to be okay, I don't wanna downplay my emotions.' you cried to Cardlin, his eyes widening as you grasped onto him for dear life.

They say beauty is pain,
you'll only be happy if you look a certain way.

'I wanna be okay.' you thought as you stared into Cardlin's starry eyes.

'I wanna be okay.' you said to Cardlin, who nodded, holding onto your hand as he pecked your forehead. You knew that in the future,

you would be okay.

- - -

^^
I have another part that is nearly finished coming soon! Another that is halfway and another that is a quarter way finished!

See you then!~

-Agape.