Chapter six

It was snowing when I stepped out of my restaurant to go to rehearsal a week later. Patrick had been kind but distant from me since the night at my apartment.

Will's car pulled to a stop in front of me. "Need a ride?" he asked.

I shivered and nodded, slipping into the passenger seat.

Will turned up the heat as we drove to the studio. "So, how's life?" he asked. "We've barely talked since Fall Out Boy got here."

"Yeah, we've both been busy I guess." I replied.

"We have. So, what has been up with Tori Eaton?" he asked.

"Work. Dancing. Work." I said, offering him a smile.

He smiled back and we pulled into the studio.

I got out of the car and we walked inside. Tom was directing the young girls and boys who were just starting at our studio. Patrick was watching. I didn't see the others anywhere.

"I'm going to go get ready." I said to Will.

He nodded at me and I walked to my dressing room to change. Today was a dress rehearsal. I pulled out a dress and started changing.

Patricks POV

This was killing me slowly. I had to think of a way. Anything to make Tori love me again. But what? What the hell was I supposed to do?

A song.

Yes, we were performing together already. But I wanted an intimate performance for us. Just us.

But how did I get her to agree to that?

What if I got her to sing one of our songs? We could sing the song I wrote about her, and then maybe after I'd tell her it was about her. She'd love it. Or would she?

I don't know where you're going but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

Would she like that one? I didn't know. Maybe I could ask her to do Just One Yesterday with me. That was at least a duet already. Or maybe Thanks For The Memories, since that one was about her too.

I shouldn't tell her that.

I stood up and went to her dressing room. Like I hadn't knocked a week ago, I didn't knock now. I walked in and saw her sitting at her vanity, doing her makeup.

"Patrick." She said. "Do I need to teach you how to knock?"

"No, I know how to. But I don't care." I said. "I have to ask you something."

"What's that?"

"Sing with me."

"That's not really a question."

I rolled my eyes. "Tori, please. Sing a song with me. I don't care if we perform it or not." I said.

"Patrick we are singing together. At nationals." She said, standing up and facing me.

She was wearing a stunning red dress that fell to her mid thigh. It was snug. I liked it, but so would everyone else.

Stop it, I think. She's not yours to worry about.

"What are you looking at?" she asked.

"That's a nice dress." Is all I could say.

She gave me a grin. "Thank you." She said.

"Anyway, Tori. I want to sing another song. One with just me and you." I said.

"Patrick look-"